Coupling Bellow ifor

base

hello people, i have to change the bellow on my ifor tt85 trailer as its seen better days, now before i jump in armed with spanners etc i thought i would ask if anyone knows the procedure, as i know there is a piston lurking in the coupling and the last thing i want is a 10 minute job becoming the bain of my life :)

cheers

If it's a dixon bate hitch it's not too bad to do - yes there's a piston in there but you can either push a bar through the bolt hole from the other end as you knoch the bolt out. If the piston does push out, you should bea ble to lever it back fairly easily - last one i did was about 10min at most.

Disclaimer - this worked on the particular hitch we had at the time but might not be the same for all hitches :sneaky2:

Be vary vary careful mate- i am reliably informed that you are risking a very strong recoil from the actuator spring that is part of the mechanism. My local ifor dealer said about £30-40 to do the job. Leave it to them mate, they are geared up for it.

When you say bellow is it sometimes called a gator as well? need a new one for my chipper. Be interested to know how you get on changing it.

On the subject of tipping trailers, I have a Bateson 263....today after tipping a load I pressed the control button to go down....it went down smoothly then suddenly dropped very fast about 2ft like the hydraulics had disappeared altogether, it then continued to sit back down as normal.

I tried to tip it again and it was fine, went back down fine as well, anyone got any idea of what happened with the sudden drop?

the 263 -

263.jpg.9f0338562fadabdd3499e257586c6129.jpg

yep that piston is strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

done right it is a 10 min job just the way chris did it

Haha! After reading these posts I think i may have to re-think what i said. I am going to try doing mine now!!:001_smile:

hello people, i have to change the bellow on my ifor tt85 trailer as its seen better days, now before i jump in armed with spanners etc i thought i would ask if anyone knows the procedure, as i know there is a piston lurking in the coupling and the last thing i want is a 10 minute job becoming the bain of my life :)

cheers

I've done 2 of my own tt126 an a tt146 no probs on both as long as the head is fully forwards,as it has to be or you can't un hitch i suppose.Pretty straight forward just remove the horizontal an vertical bolts an then slide head of.Easy.Which i thought would also be easy to knick if the hitch lock was activated and you had a spare head an a couple of spanners as the pro's probably would!

cheers

Jist had a thought dude is that the tow hitch bellow or tip bellow?i was meaning tow hitch