What effect would scottish independence have on the UK tree industry?

daltontrees

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no it was not:confused1: more with less say:thumbup1:

None the wiser mate!

I'm trying to say if we got independence tomorrow we would be in the same position we are today basically!

Then we would have to take it from there! It's not an overnight fix to anything!

there is also the fact that the uk will own all the infrastructure

Nonsense! If scots taxes have been paying towards scottish infrastructure for 300 years, why will the FUK own the infrastructure it didn't pay for? What's it going to do, chop faslane off, float it down the west coast and weld it to wales? Personally |I quite like the idea of Britains prime military trget being a bit further away, even if it is closer to the population centres that benefit from it and paid for it.

I think your use of the word 'fact' is erroneous. If there is a Yes vote all preconceptions and assumptions will have to be set aside as part of a negotiated and legally binding separation agreement.

None the wiser mate!

I'm trying to say if we got independence tomorrow we would be in the same position we are today basically!

Then we would have to take it from there! It's not an overnight fix to anything!

Just now we have MPs in westminster and MSPs in Holyrood. IF the MSPs could handle the additoinal work of independence, the net saving would be the salaries and overheads of all the scottish MPs and their entourages.

Sadly there is too much scaremongering on both sides. Which will get worse as the referendum approaches.

I can already picture the news featuring blue faced eejits coming out of polling booths shouting "Freedom!" These will be fools who have not made a carefully considered vote.

I view a Yes vote as similar to poking an ants nest with a stick. Absolute turmoil to begin with then things settle back down, not to status quo but to a new settled state to cope with the 'damage' inflicted. I reckon the most common phrase spoken by millions on both sides the next day will be "Oh sh?t" And then people will just get on with managing/ dealing with the new situation. Don't run from the problems, but instead seek to resolve them.

I'm still sat on the fence at the moment, but business issues certainly are at the forefront off my mind.

What will a new vehicle then cost, who can now supply me with parts at a reasonable price, will my assets become devalued, how much more tax will I be hit with?

But is it too tempting to poke the nest with a stick to see what happens?

Do you think nationalism is future proof, given the fact that the whole world is opening up via the electronic age, different culture are communicating on a scale never before witnessed, integrating on a scale that has occurred more on the last 20 years than it has in the last 200 years.

At the current scale of integration, nationalism, culture, race will be a thing of the past in a relatively short period of time and a single race will inevitively evolve

Evolution overrides everything

What really pishes me off is cultures hanging on to the past sad some kind of badge of honour and pride, when they themselves were absolutely naff all to do with it. If the current population of the world learn from the past, not try to hang on to it and move forward to the future the world would be a much better place

Hanging on to ideas that my ancestors ran around in bearskin skirts with wooden clubs does not fill me with pride and I would not want to march round the streets every year with banners celebrating thousands of people dying in the name of whatever as happens in ireland

I have never even thought of Scotland, Wales or Ireland as a different country until this last few month, I have always thought of us as one, if we came under threat we would stand together as one

Nationalism is trouble, it's short minded, and it's Arcadian, it's not future proof.

In today's trading markets, making yourselves a smaller is a bad move. Companies join, merge and integrate. Why as a country would you want to go the opposite way.

I am not political in any way shape or form, my view are totally from a common sense point of view, not a political one

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

Must admit I think I'd go for it if I lived in Scotland

Just fewer pigs with their heads in the trough

We have second biggest parliament IN THE WORLD

Only China is bigger

But then China is 20 times bigger than the UK so they have some justification

I live in Wales

I have parish council, county council, welsh assembly, uk parlament , eec parliament, I also have joy of contributing to the cost of running the royal family, who seem to be an alternative government in waiting.....

i have met "representatives" from every levell & Frankly they are all crap

If we met once a week in village hall, the village could sort 95% of what needs doing ......at a tenth of the cost

I'd vote to bin the lot, if Scotland can walk away with their assets and no debts they would be stupid not to go for it.....