Willing to do voluntary work

David_chainsaw

Hello everyone.

I'm Davids partner Rachael. Wardyc1 David will not take your paragraph in the wrong way :) I can understand that people dont want to take him on because he has no tickets or qualifications. His applied for many things to do with becoming a tree surgeon himself. So he can get the qualifications he needs to be able to do this sort of work. His not asking anyone to take him on as a full timer. His willing to work for nothing and just do small parts like. Clearing up & tidying up. Just so he can get a look into the trade. I'm trying to support him on what he wants. He cant drive and has no transport. His passed his theory and in the middle of doing his lessons. He has phoned around for training and doing a cause at collage. His also been told he can go out with a few people when the westher is better and its not so dangerous. But his 24 in March and knows his limits of getting hurt or putting others in danger. His a hard working lad. And likes to work as a group or solo. Its just trying to get someone that is willing to take him out on a days work so he can get a look in on the trade. Not many people are willing to work for nothing. His a very nice lad and easy to get along with. Shy at first when meeting new people for the first time. But once his got to know them his absolutely fine. Yes he has dyslexia and finds things a little hard. But it dont affect his work :) he just wants someone thats willing to pick him up and take him out for a days work so he can get a look in on the trade. And his deffo not a 'Chav' :) been with him for over 7 years. His the most generous guy you would ever meet. And is very kind at heart. And very hard working in a group or solo. His applied for his CSCS card. And waiting to hear back from collage and few other things his applied for. Also trying to find where he can get funding to give him that bit of extra help towards him becoming a tree surgeon. :) he cant wait to get everything he needs to be able to do this. So he can support his family. And most importantly get out the house as his fed up with being stuck in doors. I feel his frustration to. And i find it hard seeing him like this. :( I just hope that one day someone out there will take him on for a days work for him to get a look in on the trade. Its good for him to learn something new. :) and ill support him in any way i can. Every step of the way. :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe approach the National Trust whom actually run projects all over the UK. Some info from their site below.

What’s in it for you?

Many of our volunteers go on to gain full-time employment due to the experience they have gained with us. Ex-volunteers have found work with the Environmental Resource Agency (ERA), local tree surgery businesses and David Lewis - while others have gone on to do a National Trust Careership.

If you would like any more information or would like us to send you an application form, please email: [email protected]

New Boy