Second Chipper Arborist 130 Greenmech

mad matty

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A up mate, I have the older petrol version. Depending on what you want from it it does a beltin job! 6x9 infeed means less sneddin out and will happily chip 5" but happier on 2/4" stuff. I'm very happy with mine, though the diesel will have more grunt.

Oh and light too.

Hope this helps

PC

I have the 2013 greenmech arborist 130 petrol.

So far been a pukka machine for what I require from it. Being its petrol it does take a little longer to recover from the no stress kicking in but given we, as do most, keep the logs from 4" up or so this chipper has been perfect for us. The wide infeed rollers make chipping brash a pleasure.

A few videos of mine in operation - keep meaning to do some more but haven't had the time.

Feel free to fire any questions at me.

J

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYcbYEWuLO0]GreenMech Arborist 130 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BikSJ5SdECU]GreenMech Arborist 130 - Chipper verses Cryptomeria - YouTube[/ame]

Fuel economy is a reasonable question to ask. I would say that, generally speaking, if it is worked within its design parameters and fuel costs are factered in to your site costs - then, yes, it is fairly cheap to run. (How's that for a salesmans answer!)

If you intend to use it for hours every day then put your prices up! It is a solid machine with a 6x9 gob, disc blades have epic life and the rest is proven in other models!

One has to do the maths about how much it is intended to do and the price difference AND the fuel cost difference......

I tend to use the analogy that fuel consumption is relative to hp -23hp would use 2.3 litres per hour. I'll see if I can find if we have done anything more scientific than guesstimates.....

Blades? I always favoured the round blades - that is based on the experience of owning two GreenMechs back in the 1990's and never buying any new blades in the 5 year ownership....Each blade is about 9 inches round and a 130(150 and 1928) has two rows of two which equates to each bank having 18 inches of cutting surface available. They are about £40 each which means that they are cheaper and last longer!

Most people send them back to us (through their dealer) but the Ops book includes instructions so it can be done by an enterprising engineering company. I had a marvelous local Ag Engineer - Eddy George at Long Whatton do mine without hitch.