070 part

Robert Raven

Hi everyone,

I need a new starter hub, pawl ring, whatever you call it , for my old stihl 070. The part number on it is 1106 195 4110. Stihl dealer says 'parts no longer available. I've looked at the parts diagram online, but it shows a different part- does anyone know if there were more than one arrangement for the pawl ring, where I can get a new part, or if I can change it for the other system?

Rob

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are at least two sorts. The early one had three lugs on the back of the starter cup and a nylon ring insert; later one had a single pin in the side of the cup locating into the flywheel.

The inserts are not interchangeable so you would need to change flywheel, cup, insert and starter assembly. May be worth looking on eBay.com as some of the big secondhand parts sellers have more stock than they lost and will ship to the UK.

Alec

Thanks guys- it's the early one with three lugs on the back. I've seen one on eBay USA which looks right- very confusing that there are so many variants and not all available. I guess that's old saw for you.

Thanks for the replies,

Rob

Which bit has failed - the nylon insert or the starter cup? If it's the cup, they can be repaired. If the cup is OK but you end up changing the lot over, don't throw the cup away!

Alec

thats good to know, as both my 090 and 070 have this configuration.

my father managed to fix teh starter problem i had by making a shim insert for where it had stripped in the housing, so we all good for the time being.

whilst on this 070 thread, you don't have a conversion kit from spur to rim available, if not i will try and get one but would be interested in one of the bearings that came with the 090 ones if you have any?

thx s

whilst on this 070 thread, you don't have a conversion kit from spur to rim available, if not i will try and get one but would be interested in one of the bearings that came with the 090 ones if you have any?

thx s

For 070 or 090? I've only got full 090 kits at the moment.

Alec

I'm confused! Has the grey metal tube that connects to the flywheel broke? Or has the little metal ring inside been stripped? The ring is an easy fix and still readily available!

I have the old type on my 090, and it's much easier to adjust the points. If you are referring to the metal ring btw, you need to order it from the 090 parts listing

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App