The Mower Bench

GardenKit

It's a bit like the magic circle !

I was evicted from the 'Magic Circle of Menders" many years ago for daring to question the very beliefs by which we live.

I challenged such unspoken beliefs such as

"MTD is great"

"Hayters collect grass well"

"Stihl 4 mix is the future"

and, possibly the most serious one, " There is nothing wrong with Petrol"

I have been outcast from the "Magic Circle" and make my own way now, beholding to no-one, and worshipping John Deere, Tanaka and Aspen.

I was evicted from the 'Magic Circle of Menders" many years ago for daring to question the very beliefs by which we live.

I challenged such unspoken beliefs such as

"MTD is great"

"Hayters collect grass well"

"Stihl 4 mix is the future"

and, possibly the most serious one, " There is nothing wrong with Petrol"

I have been outcast from the "Magic Circle" and make my own way now, beholding to no-one, and worshipping John Deere, Tanaka and Aspen.

:lol::lol::lol::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Brilliant video oh wise one.

Been putting off changing the one on my tracked barrow, will have a look and see if I can use this technique.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

To be fair Bob, that method does not work on all engines. But most others have bolt on recoil units so are easier.

The rope welding together trick however, can be applied to most recoils even when they are off the machine. It saves hours trying to poke floppy things into small holes.

Big Big Thank you to 2stroke-ady and barrie

for you help with my honda mower

i split gear box down and put a larger washer in ,

put it all back together this afternoon and guess what:confused1:

Its Back driving the roller again:biggrin: i am over the moon thank you again

i really enjoyed this fix (it took me awhile but i got there):biggrin:

Great Stuff! :thumbup:

Funny thing is, I was never shown this by anyone. Just invented it myself many years ago.

All these years I have closely guarded the secret, fearing that If I divulged it to anyone it could lead to a massive rise in the numbers of DIY recoil rope menders and the end of the dealer network as we know it.

The burden of guarding this secret has inflicted a great mental strain on me, and with approaching senility, I felt it was time to pass on this most valuable of information to a few carefully selected followers of my work, so that the secret will outlive me.

Guard this information well my friends.

Pmsl - that's cheered up a grey day!

Sent with due reverence.

Disciple 1 aka Grasshopper

I love recoils.

1392713215408.jpg.50c0756bbaa121b13255891f73479866.jpg

This is the Aspera/Tecumseh recoil from a rotovator. I unseized it with wd40 and lots of pulling in and out and blowing the dirt out.ideally i would have liked to remove the pulley (felt like plastic) and thoroughly clean the spring and housing but couldnt figure out how to open it up further.There was no access from outside-metal over the centre.Any ideas?