2 Pantins and Rope Wrench

I've used a left foot Pantin for a few years but I'm getting a sore knee because of it.

Last week I got a right foot new Pantin. I'm having serious coordination issues but hate the new Pantin.

I was foolish of them to make it a fraction smaller. It works just a well but it's fiddlier to use.

I wish I'd got the CMI instead.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Coordination and over coming that muscle memory is a tricky one but worth the effort, if your going to use one leg to assist vertical movement then periodically changing your leg is worth it!

For me I only use the pantin to ascend using a rope walker system once in the tree I never use it, that's just my personal preference and suits how I climb.

Also I really like the new pantin a big improvement over the old, I've always liked to be able to kick my leg out to remove the rope. I'm sure you will adjust and begin to like just how compact it is, those CMI ones are like having a brick stuck to your foot. Although the CT one looks good.

Also I really like the new pantin a big improvement over the old, I've always liked to be able to kick my leg out to remove the rope. I'm sure you will adjust and begin to like just how compact it is, those CMI ones are like having a brick stuck to your foot. Although the CT one looks good.

There you have it, different folks different strokes. I might have to break it out and give it another go now Marc. I feel like I might have been too quick to judge it. Its been stuffed with the rope access harness since I got it and not used haha:blushing:

I have the new one and what I found out after few popouts that getting it out intentionally is trickier, tends to only lift up and end under my butt still grabbing the rope

might need some muscle memory there too

Yeah, sometimes I think I should be wearing a gimp suit instead of chainsaw trousers. Sometimes gimp myself on the tool strop....

There you have it, different folks different strokes. I might have to break it out and give it another go now Marc. I feel like I might have been too quick to judge it. Its been stuffed with the rope access harness since I got it and not used haha:blushing:

Like you say it may not be for everyone, I like it because it's small an unobtrusive, and dislike the brick like CMI although the CMI is probably nicer to use.

Who knows maybe like all things it just takes time to appreciate.