My sob story

Andymacp9

I see what your saying but can't really see how it would be the companies fault, it wasn't scored when they sold it to me.

Getting the saw sent away for testing then taking them to small claims court is not really going to be worth all the hassle and will end up costing more than a repair.

if it can be shown that the fuel oil mix you are using is correct and its ok and you can get a independand dealer to look at it and give their opion.

and it was not due to you or your fuel then you have a case that it is faulty goods. and they are under law have to do the 3 things i said they have to.

how do you know there was a fault when made and by using it made it worse. its cost you good money why have to spend more when it could be exchanged for a new machine. get hold of consumers direct and ask them.

i took a truck dealer who sold me a truck with a faulty engine done by the manafactor they refused to do anything took them to court and won cost them a new engine plus all my cost so not out of pocket. do not give up fight them suprising when consumers direct get involed things change

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a fact that a very large percentage of seizures are due to the quality of the fuel/oil mix, either from the quality of the petrol or the quality/quantity of the oil.

So it is normal for dealer staff to blame that, as it is often true.

But there are exceptions, the trouble is that it very difficult to diagnose the actual cause after the thing has seized. There are kits that test for the prescence of oil, but I know of nothing that tests for stale fuel (although a lab could).

A good technician will instantly recognise stale fuel by smell though.

In this case it appears that the dealer has made the judgement himself, which is what we all do in the first instance.

It appears that Husqvarna themselves are unaware of this saw (I may be wrong)

In a sensitive case such as this I would have sent the saw to Huskie for their appraisal. I have found them very fair, and at least I can then let my customer know their findings, which may, or may not be the same as mine.

I had a little 236 a few years ago which seized and looked like a lube related seize, but the saw had only ever been run on Aspen. Husqvarna passed the repair under warranty purely because it had been run on Aspen so there was no doubt about the fuel quality.

Just a follow up on the saw - it is in fact an X-torque 372 so has the Strato style piston. The cylinder is now clear of transfer and clean.

Gardenkit has been a gent and has got me a piston on order - thanks bud.

Just have to fit it when it comes in and do the checks and setup to make sure it doesn't go pop again.

It has been a bugger not being the typical 372xp as the parts are far less common but have a solution in place and saved heaps of repair cost!

I saved up all my pennies last year and bought myself a shiny new 372xp.

Been using it 4 months and I cut out mid cut this week. Took it to my local shop where I bought it and they've told me the cylinder and piston are knackered through scoring on the exhaust side and the rings have seized on the piston. He reckoned it was bad fuel or bad mix.I was quoted £450 to repair it.

We always measure out the mix carefully and try to avoid supermarket petrol.

Anyway I was hoping somone could point me in the direction of a cheaper way of getting it fixed.

Thanks in advance

Get another dealer... They sound crap to me.....