GRCS TH edition lol.

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

That's your opinion and worth not much :biggrin: since you have no proof it does anything. I have seen it up close and I think it's crap which is my opinion.

The point I was making about a GRCS was to build a unit to hold both winch and bollard so the winch could wind onto the bollard so you could tension and block down on the same line without smashing up the winch as the bollard takes the first wrap and biggest load.

The sw does not do that lol. You can't move the tensioned line onto the fixed drum that would be impossible. You can't wind onto the drum using the winch power ?.

It's a copy of the best device already available, with a cheap modification. Now I'm not out right knocking it as someone took time to build it and that deserves and gets my respect and appreciation. I just think it is substandard to the GRCS.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the sw you can pre tension loads on the bollard no problem, done 100's of them

where did you see a sw close up? there's only 3 in the UK & all in gloucestershire/avon???

i dont make a habit of pooo pooing products the grcs is great but there is now a better alternative, loads & loads of sw's have been sold abroad, all the best riggers/ climbers ive worked with across Europe recommend them over the grcs but then, like me, unlike everyone i have ever heard talk the sw down i & they have used both.

on the sw you can pre tension loads on the bollard no problem, done 100's of them

where did you see a sw close up? there's only 3 in the UK & all in gloucestershire/avon???

i dont make a habit of pooo pooing products the grcs is great but there is now a better alternative, loads & loads of sw's have been sold abroad, all the best riggers/ climbers ive worked with across Europe recommend them over the grcs but then, like me, unlike everyone i have ever heard talk the sw down i & they have used both.

I don't see how you can lift a load from it then drop it onto the drum unless you bending the rope beyond its bend radius ?.

It's not better that's just your opinion, I think it's crap that's mine. Points made end of bored much.

well perhaps that's because you've never used one?

When you buy it your trained how to use it & shown how to pre tension on the metal bollard with no bend in the rope at all, perhaps you've just seen photos of them? perhaps that's why when you 'saw one close up' the user couldn't show you how to? because the user wasn't there after all? neither was the device actually there in the flesh?

So terry where did you see the device 'close up' i just spoke to the uk agent who confirmed that there's none in the uk other than 1 in stroud, 1 in bristol & 1 in between? furthermore he's never shown you one of them? 1 did travel to essex for a private demo 2 weeks ago but not to your firm terry?

its a small world this industry ay?

well perhaps that's because you've never used one?

When you buy it your trained how to use it & shown how to pre tension on the metal bollard with no bend in the rope at all, perhaps you've just seen photos of them? perhaps that's why when you 'saw one close up' the user couldn't show you how to? because the user wasn't there after all? neither was the device actually there in the flesh?

So terry where did you see the device 'close up' i just spoke to the uk agent who confirmed that there's none in the uk other than 1 in stroud, 1 in bristol & 1 in between? furthermore he's never shown you one of them? 1 did travel to essex for a private demo 2 weeks ago but not to your firm terry?

its a small world this industry ay?

Seams like no one has brought one because they are utter six :lol: did I say I'd used one god talk about chat six, take your toy a stick it up your letterbox (bored of this crap now ) you went to the effort of speaking with someone haha nope none sold they six.