GRCS TH edition lol.

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

🙊 my bollard is unused in the garage!

And mine, I only use my Grcs when the lifting ability is need but once it's set up on the tree all the rigging is carried out on the winch, where no lifting is needed it stays at home or in the truck and we use the stein bollard.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be switching the winch out every time we drop load wood, Purely for lifting and tbh it's so easy to do takes 31 seconds 1 being the time to process the need to switch ha.

Used it today did a slit level cut and just popped it off from the top, can't wait to go pro it in use.

I really wouldnt bother its handy for negative rigging as said you can catch the slack as its falling above the pulley, also you can tension the line up before you cut a lump off

I really wouldnt bother its handy for negative rigging as said you can catch the slack as its falling above the pulley, also you can tension the line up before you cut a lump off

I have a stein 3001 so on big jobs I'll stick both onto the tree and switch between bombing and lifting out :D, it's a new toy I'm treating it like a virgin haha.

poor straps? the same strap as on the grcs! only you thread it on the rachet axle giving you waaaaay more power when tensioning! poor mounting plate? stronger & lighter made out of a high grade stainless steel? are you even talking about the same device?? it achieves what you are complaining about and some, switch between wrapping on the winch to the metal bollard.

have you ever used a smart winch??

i've used both, i used one of the 1st grcs's into the country & still use one. Further more i wont be ripping the winch out of the bottom of the mounting plate by mounting the metal bollard above it like you have suggested in your post.

instead i will use a device purpose designed for you to be able to rig on a metal drum, winch or both: the SW