Compact tractor

treefrog

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with trailers hiabs and engines is you only have 3500kg to play with . Your loaded before you leave home. The payload wont pay a mans wages. Most jobs involve at least 12 tonnes of timber or its a waste of time. Leave the lift on site and run the goods home on a flatbed trailer with lifting at the other end.

I not sure you can really get a like comparison between a compact tractor and a compact loader. Two very different creatures. They have some similar characteristics but very many more differences. A bit more head scratching required to work out exactly what it needs to do and in what type of environment. :001_smile:

Personally, I cannot speak highly enough of kubota. I have an stv 32. Had a kubota for 10 years from new before that. Faultless. The one I have now I have had for 5 years. Again faultless. I had a loader on the old one. Very powerful, but would not life much weight.

Not had it that long not sure what it will lift as I have not got a loader on it yet. I've just used it for grass cutting and had the log splitter on the back. Easy to service starts 1st time every time even with the grass tyres it's real good in the mud as it's got 4 wheel drive and diff lock.

It's one of the few tractors which would be narrow enough to use between the rows in our woodland yet looks like it could do a bit on the farm as well even if only turning hay or rowing grass. No exhaust to catch on branches, grass tyres would allow us to use it on fine turf but good to hear that grip is still good for other jobs. Would fit in our 10 by 5 plant trailer if necessary, enough oil flow to drive the road brush, same engine as our digger so one less different set of filters to confuse things, it just ticks so many boxes,..........in theory!

Big problem is that there is so little of that type of thing over here that I'll probably have to stick my neck out and buy one on the mainland and bring it over so any real life feedback I can get on them first is most welcome.

Thanks to both.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Big problem is that there is so little of that type of thing over here that I'll probably have to stick my neck out and buy one on the mainland and bring it over

Which is exactly what I done yesterday with this.

ST30-1.jpg

Should have it here early next week if the forecast weekend storm doesn't stop the boats.