Gap between blade and anvil on TW100G?

njc110381

Just wondering if anyone on here can give me these specs? I tried a search but couldn't find any info apart from on the wee chipper thread - that was a drum machine so probably different?

I've had the chipper for a long time and have never really considered this spacing to be that vital. After reading here it's come up a few times, and I think the gap may be far too large? In fact back in my really amateur days I replaced the anvil and lost a small spacer that was mounted behind the old one...:001_rolleyes::blushing:

I know, not good. But better late than never!

Oh, ok. Thanks.

I noticed when I changed the anvil that there was only one way it will fit due to the way the bolts line up. You'd think it would be made so you could make use of all four sharp corners, but as it is you only have two. When I took it apart years ago I do clearly remember there being a thin spacer in between the chipper body and the anvil, but it was a second (or third!) hand machine so could well have been wrongly added by a previous owner. The gap just seems rather large and it sometimes struggles with really twiggy stuff. The sticks get discharged in quite long pieces and they can build up and block the chute (birch being the worst offender). Perhaps I just need to be a bit more strict with my sharpening routine - I usually leave it until it doesn't pull the branches in so well which may be a bit late?:confused1:

I need to have a bit of a play with it. The estate I shoot for has a 18/100PTO and I'd like to see if I can copy the mountings and pully sizes so I can use it on the back of my mog with the PTO . In a perfect world I'd like to make it more like the 13/75 too so I can wheel it around tight spots and use the current trailer just to carry it, but I think having it so it can run either off the PTO or an engine plus the barrow mount may be too complicated to achieve. The barrow mount is easy, but the switching between engine drive and PTO drive isn't so simple. That is unless I can work out the pulleys so that only the drive source size needs to change? There's quite a RPM difference so I doubt it's possible. On top of that I'd need to use some sort of torque limiter on the mog - having 100hp through it would probably rip it to pieces!:thumbdown:

The machine is question appears to be of the gravity feed type, this being the case the blade to anvil gap is 1mm at lead in and 2mm at lead out, this is to achieve the positive feed in operation.

The reason the anvil fixing holes will only allow fitting one way is because the anvil is tapered to achieve the correct set up.

If you need any further help give Timberwolfs Technical helpline a call on 01449 765820:thumbup1: