Harrycane

dervishcarving

Ordered one for myself as a Christmas pressie, it arrived whilst i was away in wales (Parcel force forged a signature and left it on the doorstep in the storms we had 22 December! I will be phoning them tomorrow to rant at them. Only had a 2 minute play with it so far but its GREAT! removes so much material so quickly and in a very controlled manner. You can make a sculpted/textured finish or a smooth finish very easily. I can see a lot of use for it already. Yes, its expensive, but i get the feeling its well worth it

Photies and stuff to follow

I watched Bob King using one of these at Woodfest in 2010 and wondered what the ... is that? It looks to be superbly designed and manufactured. For some reason it looks to be very safe considering what it does. Hope it turns out to be good value for money ... have fun with and let us know...like you say when this bloody weather clears up .....Happy New Year All.

Had a chance to play with the Harrycane today for a couple of hours before the rain came back. Used it to texture the tail on this squirrel. Gives a fantastic scalloped finish. Give me another yearo r so and i will learn all that can be done with it. Does feel very safe though. minimal kickback from it and it removed wood so fast!

IMG_1123.jpg.e006171a7989ea1d771f1103ce0f1ebc.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg.9e66686630c81bb6982e4bd7f61fd881.jpg