Looking to buy about 350 x 3m long logs

Central

Hi

Thinking about next years firewood, and taking a new approach to it.

Ie having it delivered in 3m lengths as far up the production chain as I can and processing on site.

I reckon I am after the following

350nr larch or softwood poles, 3m long

150mm to 250mm diameter.

Anyone in interested in quoting for this delivered to south lanarkshire or tell me where you are and I will get a quote for collection and delivery to me.

Best if you local to me. I won't be sending a truck to Dorset!

Also, if there is anyone local with a Pallax type processor who would like to quote for splitting it and cutting it into 500mm long lengths.

Then stacked.

Thanks.

You may well get someone with a processor to cut/split it for you in the spring but wont get anyone to stack it I doubt. If you have access to lifting gear or a teleporter just process it into log bags and stack those.

A

Hello,

What your planning sounds expensive..

There's a chap in Biggar who you can hire for £35ph to process it for you..

I dare say he'll not want to touch the wood you'd likely have to load the processor and stack yourself unless he brings someone then your looking at about £45+ph

Firewood is serious graft if you haven't got the kit..

Like the chap above said telehandler into mesh bags is about the least graft..

Mind if it was that easy everyone would do it ;)

Yes, it's for personal consumption.

Up until now we have bought ready processed wood, which is delivered and tipped. We then stack. That was about 30m3.

I have a chainsaw and 22ton splitter, which I used to process about another 30m3. Stacked that myself also.

I know Jake with the processor. I am trying to shorten the supply chain and use some of the savings to pay for labour involved in stacking.

So I am trying to buy direct from foresters. 100m3 is a bit much but I could certainly take 50m. Maybe a bit more if I organise another area.

Edited by Central

• 2 weeks later...
Ps: if it's just for personal consumption, take into account that you can buy bulk (i.e. 100cube) seasoned softwood for between 25-35 per cube.. Although it might take a bit of haggling..

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you know any wholesalers in the south lanarkshire area that I could buy wood from.

I am thinking of storing the timber in pens made up of heras fencing. So I hope to be abl to feed logs into the processor at one end and have them dropped directly into the pens by conveyor.

Cheers