I'm too tired to think this through! m3 to tonne pricing.

Sorry in advance.

Scenario: You're buying standing (by the m3), harvesting and selling 1000m3 of larch for biomass and the buyer is paying £25/m3 for the stuff.

However the buyer wants to pay on tonnage at £20/tonne...

Seeing as larch in the blue book is 1.2m3 per tonne thus

25 x 0.8 = 20

so does that make no difference???

I am being profoundly thick I know :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

If your buyer is currently paying you £25 per m3 he should be paying you £30 per tonne if that is his preferred new method of payment. Work it through because otherwise you'll lose quite a bit of money on this new deal.

If your buyer is currently paying you £25 per m3 he should be paying you £30 per tonne if that is his preferred new method of payment. Work it through because otherwise you'll lose quite a bit of money on this new deal.

Understatement. Glad I did this thread, something didn't feel right but my grey matter was dead tonight. Thank you. :thumbup1:

Are you working the metreage out as a solid cubic metre or air space taken on lorry because big straight sticks will still have at least 25% air space. 40 metres of space will give you 30 cubic metres or 30x1.2 = 36 tonnes. Or I could be completely off the mark and talking complete crap. :biggrin:

Are you working the metreage out as a solid cubic metre or air space taken on lorry because big straight sticks will still have at least 25% air space. 40 metres of space will give you 30 cubic metres or 30x1.2 = 36 tonnes. Or I could be completely off the mark and talking complete crap. :biggrin:

No, the head measures the metreage through it and a stack measure on the lorry x 0.7 for softwood - not the problem; but the biomass chipper and I were talking conversions to tonnage last night and I was in traffic trying to figure (hands free btw) out m3 to tonnes and he was agreeing with my cocked figures!

No, the head measures the metreage through it and a stack measure on the lorry x 0.7 for softwood - not the problem; but the biomass chipper and I were talking conversions to tonnage last night and I was in traffic trying to figure (hands free btw) out m3 to tonnes and he was agreeing with my cocked figures!

Its surprising how many people agree with your figures when wrong in their favour a bit more vocal when they are out of pocket. :lol: I only take simple conversations on the hands free like yes and no will be 30 mins etc. I dont quote verbal prices in case I get back to the office and find the 2k job is actually 4k