Setting up the Easylift Harness.

Beardog

Just bought the Arborist version from Jonsies and struggling to get the balance right with different tools. Used it for brush cutting using Stihl Combi with short extension (because I'm 6.6). Find I'm lifting the engine to get a level cut. If I don't use the extension I have to push the machine down. Also find it difficult to get set up for pole saw and extended hedge cutter. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks John.

Hedge cutters and brush cutters will only need one gas piston on the back. When using the pole pruner its two.

The bar that goes over your head will have a metal ring round it, which can be easily moved up or down. This sets the line tension for each machine to you 👍 any problems give me a ring bud

My main problem with the brush cutter is getting it level. If I use the extension I find I have to lift the engine higher, if I don't use it I have to bend to get it right. I suppose this is not so much about the harness and more about the tool. Anyone got any advice?

My main problem with the brush cutter is getting it level. If I use the extension I find I have to lift the engine higher, if I don't use it I have to bend to get it right. I suppose this is not so much about the harness and more about the tool. Anyone got any advice?

Send me a PM with your phone number I will be happy to call you and sort out the balance issue:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

Just bought the Arborist version from Jonsies and struggling to get the balance right with different tools. Used it for brush cutting using Stihl Combi with short extension (because I'm 6.6). Find I'm lifting the engine to get a level cut. If I don't use the extension I have to push the machine down. Also find it difficult to get set up for pole saw and extended hedge cutter. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks John.

I think I understand what you mean John but having to push the tool down slightly is a whole lot better than carrying the entire tool on your hands, wrists, arms, shoulder, neck and back.

My small hedge cutter floats up because it's quite light. My long combi hedge cutter sinks down slowly. If I put the extension in the combi I have to lift even more but probably only 30% of the overall weight because the ELH is transfering the weight onto my hips and legs.

Either way we look at it, The ELH makes the day SO much easier.

I think some of the problem is where you attach the the tool you are using . The fixed attachment point on the brush cutter may not balance correctly on the ELH . You may have to move it down or up the shaft till its neutral .......