Which low vibration saw?

czhey

Thanks for the replys

Tree man tom- Thanks but I think the 441 is a bit big. Stihl claim the 341 is very low vibrations compared to the rest of their range, would you disagree, how accurate are the vibration figures?

Joe - The 280 is meant to be about the same weight as the 341, but with less power so i think the 341 appeals to me more.

Matty - I have used 1 husky, a 357, and wasn't that impressed, and the saw in question is very unreliable. the 346xp is a little temping though I think i'll stick to the company I know. just seen they claim to do the 'lowest vibration saw' I think its the 445, but its not in the professional range, would that be any good?

king - thanks I have timberland gloves. Do husky do heated handles?

Tom d - I won't buy a 357 :001_smile:

Thanks for the advice, Charlie.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replys

Tree man tom- Thanks but I think the 441 is a bit big. Stihl claim the 341 is very low vibrations compared to the rest of their range, would you disagree, how accurate are the vibration figures?

Joe - The 280 is meant to be about the same weight as the 341, but with less power so i think the 341 appeals to me more.

Matty - I have used 1 husky, a 357, and wasn't that impressed, and the saw in question is very unreliable. the 346xp is a little temping though I think i'll stick to the company I know. just seen they claim to do the 'lowest vibration saw' I think its the 445, but its not in the professional range, would that be any good?

king - thanks I have timberland gloves. Do husky do heated handles?

Tom d - I won't buy a 357 :001_smile:

Thanks for the advice, Charlie.

Yes - Husky do heated handles.....Iths the "G" on the end of the saw number...eg: 357XPG or without heated handle just 357XP

I don't see how heated handles will help rsi in your arm? I always assumed it was to help prevent vibration white finger by helping to stimulate the bloodflow in cold weather.

I'd go for a 361 over a 341 if you decide to go that route same weight better power to weight ratio equal to a 441. I find the 361 is slighty better than a 260 vibration wise, generally though bigger cc saws give out more vib so maybe thats why a 260 feels like it gives out less? As the 361 has superior AV.

346XPG and you won't be disapppointed. Upgraded power, slimline design, high revving (hence quicker cutting) - and the most popular pro saw we now sell bar none. We can't produce them fast enough, just ask the dealers.......!

Stihl vibs here - http://www.stihl.com/vib/english/documents/GB_MS.pdf

Husky vibs for 346XP here - http://www.husqvarna.com/uk/forest/products/xp-saws/346-xp-/#specifications

Have a look at the Husky website - each saw has the vib levels published in the spec section next to it.

im a husky fan but the local utilities co guys up here have just switched to stihl 361s with heated handles, as they were the lowest vib saw they could get, they have their saws independantly checked for vibration limits every 6months so should have a really good idea what is lowest

They recently had a 2year old ms280 that when tested was limited to 10mins of use per day!

tree man tom - thanks thats interesting :confused1:

King- thanks, I can't find any G prices on the internet i'll have to ask a dealer...

marc - both RSIs and whitefinger are problems with nerves, I guess keeping my hands warm would help with it? It does get worse in the cold weather. Are heated handles in both handles? I was looking at the 361 for exactly the reason you said, but STIHL quote slightly higher vibration

Jamlala - How accurate are the vibration figures? it sounds like people have different opinions? You work for husky? does anywhere let me try a 346XPG? if you don't ask you don't get :001_smile: Whats splitting hairs? Its probably the most important feature of a saw to me...

charlie H - thats interesting

Anyone got opinions on how much of a difference 0.5kg makes when using a saw all day?

Thank you, Charlie.

of pro construction 50cc saws the 346xp is imho the best hands down. very smooth saw. tho not quite as light as the ms260 it handles much better,feels alot more nimble.

for 'g' prices, take the regular price of the husky xp saw and add £40 for the heated handle upgrade.

stihl wise the 361 is a nice smooth saw, and a much better saw than the 341, but is slightly overkill for only running a 15" bar.

of pro construction 50cc saws the 346xp is imho the best hands down. very smooth saw. tho not quite as light as the ms260 it handles much better,feels alot more nimble.

for 'g' prices, take the regular price of the husky xp saw and add £40 for the heated handle upgrade.

stihl wise the 361 is a nice smooth saw, and a much better saw than the 341, but is slightly overkill for only running a 15" bar.

Thanks for the reply

I'm trying to see if i can try one somewhere and make my own opinion :001_cool:

i agree i think the 361 would be a bit big :sad: but the only other Stihl option with heated handle is the 260 :sad: