New Bandit HB20 sidewinder

GlobalNewark

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the Red teeth are more aggressive due to having a deeper concave on the carbide tip, these are generally used in sandy soils or where there is less than 25% rock. On the other hand the Greentooth is more durable to rock as the tooth tip is more shallow. Both are made by 'Greenteeth'.

• 3 months later...

There will be a couple of production changes to the new HB20's, firstly the timing cylinder will be removed to eliminate the delay for drive engagement & also the drive control will be moved from the side to the centre position. There is a conversion kit if anyone wishes to remove the delay from their current machine.

597669dd40ac9_CENTERCONTROLS.jpg.7e773999cd8cfc765588b19b1c3c7596.jpg

597669dd3eaa1_STD.SIDECONTROL.jpg.3f455195ea7b0f5c0fceebb82cf55219.jpg

Interesting changes, especially with the movement controls, I think I'm glad I've got the older version of that!

As far as the timing cylinder goes, is that something that could be modified with ease on an older model? What was its purpose if it just resulted in a delay between switching drive direction? (if I understand correctly)

Also more info on the tracked 2550 please :P

Interesting changes, especially with the movement controls, I think I'm glad I've got the older version of that!

As far as the timing cylinder goes, is that something that could be modified with ease on an older model? What was its purpose if it just resulted in a delay between switching drive direction? (if I understand correctly)

Also more info on the tracked 2550 please :P

I don't know at this point why the direction control has changed but it looks like it can be used left & right handed unlike the current system, we haven't had any complaints here on this. The timing cylinder is an easy mod & I've already ordered a few kits for stock, I will see what's in them before I order anymore just in case we can source locally cheaper.

The cylinder was originally fitted as a safety device so you had a few seconds to check around you before changing direction, now you better make sure you look first!

Bandit told me last week the 2550T is still being refined.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

I don't like the Idea of a central drive control but I do like the idea of taking the delay off. How much will that cost?

Hodge

I'll let you know shortly & probably post a letter to all owners offering the change, it may be simple enough to do yourself. There has only been half a dozen people ask about removing it so I passed this to the factory so good they listen too.

I'll let you know shortly & probably post a letter to all owners offering the change, it may be simple enough to do yourself. There has only been half a dozen people ask about removing it so I passed this to the factory so good they listen too.

Cheers Dean! Hope your well mate. C u at the APF!

Hodge