U900 PTO banana box

treedweller

Well the joys of mog ownership have started hahaha

Whilst enjoying chipping brash at a much increased rate of knotts to usual we noticed abit of smoke coming from the pto banana box. We shut it down and since have split the box to have alook. the top gear of the box is worn. Now Vos managed to find a part number but they no longer make them :sneaky2:

Soooooo i don't suppose anyone has an old box knocking about or even one thats been split but still has a good gear in it? Failing that i'm going to have to get all Heath Robinson and make some brackets up to move the pto to the centre of the rear cross member. Only problem then is i'll have to put some feet on the chipper so as to keep the pto shaft straight. Ohh and grow about a foot :biggrin:

Any help welcome.

Yeah they are near me so i phoned them today and they said £750+VAT to which i pointed out thats the same price as a brand new box from merc. To which they said "we cant compete with that" To which i said thanks bye bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................................................ They are having a giggle they want £200 for a steering wheel!!!????? It's a burn out dog!!

Yeah they are near me so i phoned them today and they said £750+VAT to which i pointed out thats the same price as a brand new box from merc. To which they said "we cant compete with that" To which i said thanks bye bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................................................ They are having a giggle they want £200 for a steering wheel!!!????? It's a burn out dog!!

try giving Tim Ibbet a call

Ibbetts - Agricultural garden machinery sales, service. Unimog

i asked about some of the parts from that mog way too expensive

Right I got the part number for the gear and guess what its no longer in production and nobody has it in stock!!

Options are price up having gear made likely to be around £500 or buy a second hand box from Vos and split it keeping my fingers crossed it has a usable gear in it.

Its actually gone because its not been used!! The bottom two gears have been sat in oil but not the top one so over the years its got pitted. So use it or lose it guys :)