Solo 636

Marcl

Thanks guys,

I have to be honest I am drawn to the Echo saws. I like the fact they are made in Japan and not China.

That Echo CS-420 does look tempting I have to say.

Marc.

99.9% of the time Husq and Stihl are assumed to be the only pro saws... I was having this kind of conversation with a plant hire co yesterday; he rightly said the UK is SO behind other parts of the world that have seen the light... Efco, Dolmar (Makita), Jonsered, Echo build rolls royce kit...

99.9% of the time Husq and Stihl are assumed to be the only pro saws... I was having this kind of conversation with a plant hire co yesterday; he rightly said the UK is SO behind other parts of the world that have seen the light... Efco, Dolmar (Makita), Jonsered, Echo build rolls royce kit...

I couldn't agree more. I have always bought Stihl, so when I needs a saw I naturally thought Stihl. But my Stihl stuff is a little older and made in Germany. I am now getting told by Dealers not to buy Stihl! Most of the smaller Huskies and Stihl are made in China. No thanks not when Echo are made in japan.

Marc.

I couldn't agree more. I have always bought Stihl, so when I needs a saw I naturally thought Stihl. But my Stihl stuff is a little older and made in Germany. I am now getting told by Dealers not to buy Stihl! Most of the smaller Huskies and Stihl are made in China. No thanks not when Echo are made in japan.

Marc.

STIHL China ? Quality ?Made by STIHL? | STIHL Blog

and who said the saws were still made in germany! :001_rolleyes:

:thumbup1:

Most of the smaller Huskies and Stihl are made in China. No thanks not when Echo are made in japan.

Marc.

Just out of interest.

My Husqvarna 135 says Made in Sweden, which ones are made in China and does it say so as they are required by law to have the country of origin on aren't they ? Tanaka saws are made in Japan and they are quality items I am led to believe.

Just out of interest.

My Husqvarna 135 says Made in Sweden, which ones are made in China and does it say so as they are required by law to have the country of origin on aren't they ? Tanaka saws are made in Japan and they are quality items I am led to believe.

I was told anything below the 435 is made in China now. I'm not sure it has to say where it is made over here, but it does in the USA. but I could be wrong.

I have nothing against products being made in China so long the quality doesn't suffer. But what I don't like is when the price stays sky high. In that case it may as well be made in Germany or Japan.

Marc.

Nothing wrong with stuff made in China when it's overlooked which I'm sure in stihls case it would be. It's the mass production factories with no quality control that are the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I have nothing against products being made in China so long the quality doesn't suffer. But what I don't like is when the price stays sky high. In that case it may as well be made in Germany or Japan.

Marc.

I'm going above the parapet then and saying that I do not wish to buy products from China. No racism, got plenty of chinese friends, not that kind of issue. Would prefer to buy British but of course no such option with many things esp saws so try to support ethical products in terms of mileage etc etc

STIHL China ? Quality ?Made by STIHL? | STIHL Blog

and who said the saws were still made in germany! :001_rolleyes:

:thumbup1:

I put a comment on there yesterday, not a good one but not a bad one either, but it looks like they have removed it. And what's more worrying is the fact that there are NO comments. Does that mean they have removed all the comments because they are too negative?

I know censorship in China was a problem but that's going a bit far! :biggrin:

Marc.