Boss wants to hire chipper and van off me, how much to charge?

smudge1

Starting up on my own so got a van and timberwolf 150. Still work 5 days a week for company, as were busy the boss wants to hire chipper and maybe van off me. Im not sure what's a fair price, considering ware and tear.

Does anyone else have any experience with this or some suggestions. I kinda need to keep him sweet, as he lets me tip chip and good logs at his yard and leave van there, this was all a deal that came about when i said i was going to work for someone else. It all works to his advantage but i have to make it worth my while. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That does sound like a nice sum but he definitely wouldn't go for that. Im on 125 a day, then thinking 70 for chipper 40 for van, all rubbish tipped at his yard. remembering if my kit breaks id like to think i can hire his off him even tho in reality he'll be using it so probably wouldnt happen. My chippers just sitting there through the week so want to make something

That does sound like a nice sum but he definitely wouldn't go for that. Im on 125 a day, then thinking 70 for chipper 40 for van, all rubbish tipped at his yard. remembering if my kit breaks id like to think i can hire his off him even tho in reality he'll be using it so probably wouldnt happen. My chippers just sitting there through the week so want to make something

Thats £235 no near as darn it £250 :001_smile:

Well as you've gotta keep him sweet £110 for the truck and van is fair. And as the chippers just sat doing nothing otherwise its a nice little extra cash.

i know what he'll do.. we always work quite local so he'll send one team have them stack it up then get the other team to come along and chip it later. Never works out and ends up pissing customers off but thats the way he likes to run his business. Or maybe start 5 jobs at once trying to keep everyone happy (or seeing the $$$) then everyone just has a headache and everyone ends up stressed and pissed off. He knows best tho he's the boss. Doesnt piss me off one bit, honestly!