New 560xp Owner Advice

hawthornheavyhorses

my advise for a new saw, allways 25-1 first tank to let in run in and leave it to tick over til warm and go steady with it. no other oil will do for these saws other than husqvarna XP fully synth. these machines were designed to run on this oil not any old muck. I see alot of lean seizures because of the wrong oil is used, even stihls red mineral oil is not good enough, and supermarket fuel is a killer. these machines should not be run on more than 10% ethanol, which supermarket fuel can have as much as 25% which is why its even more important to use the husqvarna oil.

I think you have been drinking ethanol.

At least he is badly misinformed....

Edited by SawTroll

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never seen so much fuss about chainsaws in my life as these 560's, my old 357 is up for replacement not sure what to get next, always been husky, had 28 so far. the feeling i have got is that these 560's are nice saws to use but unreliable, and quite finicky.

Mine is , so far , totally reliable . It is a 2011 saw and I have had since then .

my advise for a new saw, allways 25-1 first tank to let in run in and leave it to tick over til warm and go steady with it. no other oil will do for these saws other than husqvarna XP fully synth. these machines were designed to run on this oil not any old muck. I see alot of lean seizures because of the wrong oil is used, even stihls red mineral oil is not good enough, and supermarket fuel is a killer. these machines should not be run on more than 10% ethanol, which supermarket fuel can have as much as 25% which is why its even more important to use the husqvarna oil.

Hi all,

Did you know all Husqvarna's are run on Aspen in the factory.

Aspen is fully synth and mixed at 50-1 so I would just go and use it with Aspen

Clean fuel and top rate oil.

Had my 560 now a few months, it's on Oregon oil at 33:1 as that's what the manual stated for non husky oil... No wonder loads of people had lean running problems..:rolleyes: I always read the book.. my saw, ran like a dream from day 1 :thumbup::thumbup::D:D

Had my 560 now a few months, it's on Oregon oil at 33:1 as that's what the manual stated for non husky oil... No wonder loads of people had lean running problems..:rolleyes: I always read the book.. my saw, ran like a dream from day 1 :thumbup::thumbup::D:D

I'd noticed this too, and you're correct depending on what type of oil you are using it seems. The manual says that if you are using oil rated as ISO EGB, then you should use 33:1.

I have bought a bottle of Stihl Super to use with mine which is rated as ISO EGD. The Husqvarna XP and low smoke oils are also ISO EGD rated, so I am planning on mixing at 50:1. That said the standard Stihl red HP is also ISO EGD rated.

Haven't actually set mine up yet, too many site visits and log deliveries over the last week! Will be running her up for the first time on Thursday!