problems with starting

campanula

We just bought a new Husky(365) and cannot get it started. True, we are novice chainsaw users but have plenty of experience with using power tools in general (Stihl, dammit) so don't think we are at fault. My main worry is that Ernest Doe, our nearest dealers, had the same model at eye-watering prices so we bought one from Winchester tools (or summat, can't lay hands on the paperwork at the mo).online. So, obviously, we don't feel we can just rock up to Does and say help.....or can we? Or do I need to send the bloody thing back to winchester (or Hampshire).

Have got our young arbourist chumm coming round this evening so we might just turn out to be clueless arses.....but at £500+, this is a tad discouraging.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Forest &Arb (where it came from) and they got back fairly swiftly. Said we will wait for our arbourist mate and get back to them - so all-in-all, fairly encouraged (despite feeling a bit dumb).

For the record, I can strip a sewing machine down to nuts and bolts and do any amount of endless tensioning and fiddling....so I am not really having it that we are complete nitwits....yet.....although we used to have an ancient strimmer which I had to position against my tool box, kneeling on it, holding the throttle halfway on to get going - there was always a lot of sweaty swearing.

Hmmmm, leaking fuel like a bastard (sort of a relief that it is not just us being crap)....but looks like we are going to have to get it looked at. Mr Camps is very very peeved because I bullied him to get a husky (I always hated our Stihls) so, after we have mopped up the kitchen floor, I guess we are going to have to get onto Arb&Forest.

I would not be starting /attempting to start it indoors in the first place . If there is nothing wrong with it then once you have got the knack it easy peasy lemon squeezey . If there is something wrong with it you should be able to take it back to any Husqvarna dealer . You say you got it cheap somewhere ? Be sure its not one of those Chinese fake 365 saws made with husky pattern plastics and exhaust and a " 25:1 chinker " motor ! !