monolith work

sanny

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good work. We did a job in an urban environment the other day, spec was to leave the stumps at 2m high for a chainsaw carver to come and do his work, I guess thats another good way to keep it ecological.

nice idea mate am starting to become very interested in the ways of ecology

and different things that we can do to inhance it in our line of work :001_smile:

I may be doing my first ones (in 7 years of climbing) next thurs, quite excited really!!! Thats what I love about this job, there is so much to learn, and many new things to try. If anyone could stand up and say they know every thing there is to know about tree work I would buy them a pint!!

I may be doing my first ones (in 7 years of climbing) next thurs, quite excited really!!! Thats what I love about this job, there is so much to learn, and many new things to try. If anyone could stand up and say they know every thing there is to know about tree work I would buy them a pint!!

Be extremely aware of kickback Stuart.

I tend to use a MEWP for the majority of our Coros and Monolith work, these days.

Rope work & the associated work positioning coupled with unorthodox cutting is a recipe for further hazard.

If you get the opportunity post some shots of your work :001_smile:

Extract from the report on the wood Stu: "Final cuts may be of the coronet type but these are more expensive to carry out and perhaps a little fussy for this site."

I reccon we won't bother slashing much on the job unless it is close to the path.

Agreed that these types of cuts have inply a new set of risks, but I am confident with experience and good work positioning, slashing from rope and harness can be safe (Depending on user and method).