which chain for a dolmar ps-410

liampud

Hi Liam

You need 95VPX064E chain and a 3/16 file kit to sharpen all the major sponsors on here stock that so you can get that easy.

This is a narrow kerf .325 pitch chain with 1.3mm [.050] guage, width drive link.:biggrin:

It's my job to know these things mate

Les

Not all .325 .050 bars are narrow kerf ones, even though most of them are on some markets! :wink:

Yes you can get a large tooth 20BPX or 20LPX but on this saw it will slow it down to much. Narrow kerf helps a lower power output saw perform better.

Les

I've been runinng 20 LPX on my dolmar 5105 since new; are you saying that whilst the bar groove gauge is narrow the cutting kerf isn't? Interesting because I'm thinking of converting it to 3/8.

I've been runinng 20 LPX on my dolmar 5105 since new; are you saying that whilst the bar groove gauge is narrow the cutting kerf isn't? Interesting because I'm thinking of converting it to 3/8.

Hi

your 5105 is a more powerful saw so copes better with 20LPX chain which is not narrow kerf, 95VPX chain has a lower profile tooth and is approx 2mm narrower than the standard .325 tooth as on 20/21/22.

This chain can be used on saws up to 55cc and has shown great results when used on Stihl 026/MS260/261 as it gives approx 10% faster cutting speed. Give a loop of 95VPX a try as you should have an .050 bar and .325 set up already. Let us know how you get on

It will be the same link count as your 20LPX so 95VPX E

Les

Hi

your 5105 is a more powerful saw so copes better with 20LPX chain which is not narrow kerf, 95VPX chain has a lower profile tooth and is approx 2mm narrower than the standard .325 tooth as on 20/21/22.

This chain can be used on saws up to 55cc and has shown great results when used on Stihl 026/MS260/261 as it gives approx 10% faster cutting speed. Give a loop of 95VPX a try as you should have an .050 bar and .325 set up already. Let us know how you get on

It will be the same link count as your 20LPX so 95VPX E

Les

Thanks for this but 95VPX is semi-chisel and I can't stand the stuff; have only ever run full chisel and find semi a pita to sharpen (just used to full I guess). Upping to 3/8 I think and go 72LPX

Yes you can get a large tooth 20BPX or 20LPX but on this saw it will slow it down to much. Narrow kerf helps a lower power output saw perform better.

Les

I agree with that, no problem - I use 95VP(X)/H30 on my 339xp, that is comparable to the 410/411! :001_smile:

thanks for the helpful replies men, some idiot measured the bar wrong:blushing: and have been searching for the wrong chain,

it is 15" and I now have one fitted, teeth look abit more aggressive than my old one but that could of just been wore right down even know it was still cutting good someone hit the ground a few times,

i'll see how I get on with it tomorrow, its a husky chain and has '25' stamped on the teeth as did the old dolmar chain, so should be ok, unless that is the norm for a .325 1.3 .050 chain, cheers, Liam,

thanks for the helpful replies men, some idiot measured the bar wrong:blushing: and have been searching for the wrong chain,

it is 15" and I now have one fitted, teeth look abit more aggressive than my old one but that could of just been wore right down even know it was still cutting good someone hit the ground a few times,

i'll see how I get on with it tomorrow, its a husky chain and has '25' stamped on the teeth as did the old dolmar chain, so should be ok, unless that is the norm for a .325 1.3 .050 chain, cheers, Liam,

Look at what is stamped on the drive tangs (the parts that go down between the rails of the bar).....