Unicender Video

scotspine1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and that is the beauty of the UNI as it switches from Ddrt to SRT. I use Ddrt for alternate lanyard for access.

Yes of course, how could I forget the lime tops. Using a trunk belay leaves so much delicious stretch in your line.

Oh no I think I'm gonna say it......What are the great uses for Ddrt?:001_tongue:

...and that is the beauty of the UNI as it switches from Ddrt to SRT. I use Ddrt for alternate lanyard for access.

Yes of course, how could I forget the lime tops. Using a trunk belay leaves so much delicious stretch in your line.

Oh no I think I'm gonna say it......What are the great uses for Ddrt?:001_tongue:

Actually, using SRT from birth is bound to be the ultimate way to access a tree and work within and about itself, But, really...discussing which system is favored better than the other, is fruitless and would require more zeros and x's than my Personal computer is capable of generating.

This is copied from a thread on TreeBuzz....

"I WEEP openly admiration and apprecitaion for your can-do approach to SRT and it's limitless possibilities ever changing and widening before our very eyes. holding the tools in our hands, low stretch lines and the crisp bite of the ascenders teeth in the crisp fall air. can you feel it? the electric hum of the line like a guitar string tightened and thrumming with excitement of what's to come. Weight the handled ascender and it's custom bar tacked stirrup, it is palpable, WORK IS BEGINNING.

Training, the body, the mind, the straight plumb bob line of SRT guiding the way to the Canopy and beyond.

SRT and it's various permutations have gripped the psyche of my compatriots the world over, gliding like a spider up a silken thread.

I hold my hands before me as if in prayer, then wave them apart holding my bare palms toward you.... LOOK! Do you see it? Like a cloud of glitter or doves released, the possibilities hang in the air before us. Catch one, like a butterfly lighting upon an outstretched finger:

SRT removal applications: the idea can be refined, the best ideas are still being refined. Protect the line from accidents....

SRT Access: Like the tree, do the most with the least, no wasted energies....

SRT Pruning: Ahh, here now like a Pollack the ideas are many and confused and run together... don't fight the current, swim with it! It's a Tao thing! I am at the tip, light cuts and crown reduction, save a terminal bud in the breast pocket and propogate anew, an arboretum atop a Brick apartment building, my mind swirls with the new colors of rope available.

I vote yes.

feel that light wind on your back, like the reassuring pressure of an old friends hand on your shoulder? It's the winds of change, and SRT rides these winds, blowing the meme of an easier, safer workday hither and yon..."

...and here is a link to another TreeBuzz page, lets call it the poor man's Unicender.:001_cool:

Nice piece of kit, by the way did anyone pick up on the other vid this guy had on his list.

"Bennis little chainsaw mistake"?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ian-GvsKksQ[/ame]

Sorry for getting off topic Tim but thought this was a little scary.......... so easy to do if you are not careful.

Lucky he has still got his knee!

Edited by Ropey