What ride on mower?

What would you recomend for under a £1000?

Would like kubota diesel but too expensive so will opt for a petrol one for the amount of work I have for it.

Will only be using it for about 10-15 hours a week next year.

Mostly collecting but some cut and drop.

Hear so many different opinions on some to avoid.

if you can find one a toro zero turn 425 will do what you want to do. very good mulching mower not had to use the collector for it and very fast cut petrol i can cut a acre of ground with £5 worth of fuel so economical to use.

try DJ Scott warnford has second hand ones in got mine for under a k

have to disagree in some respects the toro i got was second hand and was in very good condition i have done a season cutting grass comercial with it and it has not missed a beat very good cutting deck and it cost me £1k plus £400 for a collector yet to use as do not need it as cuts so well

I have a second-hand Etesia Bahia that I purchased for less than £1000

I have given it a good service and replaced a few parts courtesy of RTM Aylesbury. Lovely machine and honda powered too. It does all that I want it to do. Anything bigger is done with a tractor. smaller is done with an 18" PBTS Etesia.

You have to look around but I saw two on t'internet during the summer that would have tempted me.

Parts are east to obtain, well designed, cuts wet grass, tips it too without fuss, narrow enough to fit through a garden gate.

Here's a little blurb from another question over the engines fitted;Etesia Bahia Briggs & Stratton Vs Kawasaki & Honda - Landscape Juice Network

If you are in any way capable with a spanner you can run an older mower of this type reliably and economically as 'part' of your business.

If you do contract mowing look at a new machine with all the warranties that come with such. See Scag & etc:biggrin:

Like Toro too Had an early one, a c 1980's triple three legged item!

codlasher

have to disagree in some respects the toro i got was second hand and was in very good condition i have done a season cutting grass comercial with it and it has not missed a beat very good cutting deck and it cost me £1k plus £400 for a collector yet to use as do not need it as cuts so well

I imagine there are good used machines around but from my past experiences older cheaper machines have cost me more in down time than I care to remember.

I imagine there are good used machines around but from my past experiences older cheaper machines have cost me more in down time than I care to remember.

Your Kubota is the Rolls Royce of that 'tractor' type!

This model replaces the wheel horse of the 1980's.

It will do you five or perhaps ten good years then I'll buy it:001_tongue:

codlasher

Let's face it. although there may be exceptions, you will not generally get much for £1000.

If buying from a quality dealer the machine will have been overhauled and sold with a warranty, in which case will have had, on average £300-£400 of work done to it from its trade in state, but will still be an old (or small) machine for that money.

If sold 'as seen' either from a dealer or from a private seller, be prepared to spend on it.

There are many other options other than the ones mentioned though.

Ones worth a look are JD and Stiga. Old Hondas are good, the newer ones only average.

Watch out for rust under the decks of many models, especially Westwood and Countax.

MTD Lawnflite models can be very costly on spares.

With only £1000 to spend it will easy to buy rubbish, but very difficult to find a sound buy.

Most 42" machines should be able to cope with an acre an hour, so your 10-15 hrs a week will equate to a lot of work.