Vehicle dilema?

arniecardigan

I have a dilemma so thought I'd ask for some opinions!

Its not as simple as "WHATS THE BEST ALLROUND ARBTRUCK" as I don't think there is a truck that does it all, although I could stand corrected!

I run a Vw T4 crewcab tipper which I find to be a real versatile truck and it only has 55,000 miles on the clock, it seats 5 plus kit carries 1.3ish tonne plus tows the chipper.

My business has developed and I need 4wd to cope with the terrain as the T4 is front wheel drive and rubbish on wet grass let alone any real off road! I have also been doing more big trees so the capacity of the T4 is just not enough for either chip or/and logs.

I have been offered a Diahatsu fourtrack cheap so that's the 4wd sorted it also tows 3.5 tonne legally so the capacity for moving timber has more than doubled!

So the real question is "do I sell the T4 and get a singlecab tipper or keep it" if the answer is "sell it" then "what single cab tipper do I get?"

Answers on a postcard please!!:thumbup:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not have both? Crew cabs are indispensable and so is a 4x4. Run two motors is my advice.

The plan is to run two trucks (unless I can find 1 that does it all) one 4x4 and the other is either my current T4 or another tipper, so do I sell the crewcab T4 and replace it with single cab, the compromise is more chip/log capacity over seats and internal space!