quickbooks online

Steve Bullman

Hi, is there anyone here who has used this product after previously using quickbooks desktop? I have been using desktop now since 2005 and it needs to be upgraded one way or another.

I have the option of upgrading to the latest desktop version which would likely be the easiest, however the online version gives me the benefit of being able to dump windows from my MAC as this is the only application i currently need it for.

Thanks!

If you have a mac, then before committing to Quick books have a look at Mamut Account Edge (formerly MYOB).

That way you can keep your financial records on your own computer.

IMHO Account Edge is one of the best and easiest to use accounting packages on the market.

thanks, downloading a trial now.

I'm not really that happy with the idea of all my accounts being online to be honest so will be interested to see what this is like, cheers

Its difficult to change from what you are used to using.

We use QB and have been very happy with it. We did upgrade a few years ago, but only because the old version would not handle the VAT change, given the thousands of " items" we have.

We have it on a laptop which never connects to the web, so there should be no reason to change (we hope)

Will be interested in the replies here though.

Hi we use kashflow.com, you can upload from qb and have a two week trial. Once set up I have found it brilliant, now using at customers houses for Quotes and emailing them the quote before leaving their front drive. It has a great flag system so you know what stage the quotes are at. Certainly worth alook if you like it drop me a pm and . Have a code to get a pound or two off a month.

It really has improved my business no end.

Account edge is very old fashioned IMO, if you want a proper Mac solution loom at easy books much cheaper than qb and ac and runs seamlessly across osx and iOS, auto backs up to iCloud and across devices.

Hi we use kashflow.com, you can upload from qb and have a two week trial. Once set up I have found it brilliant, now using at customers houses for Quotes and emailing them the quote before leaving their front drive. It has a great flag system so you know what stage the quotes are at. Certainly worth alook if you like it drop me a pm and . Have a code to get a pound or two off a month.

It really has improved my business no end.

Thanks, will take a look at both these. Do they track vat and auto fill in my vat return for me like quickbooks does?

Tracks vat, will produce a vat report for you, then you have to copy the numbers off the report onto the hmrc website.

You can download a free version then add the bolt ones you need. The basic package is about £45, even with all the features it's only about £120.

I use quickbooks online version and once I got the hang of it found it very useful. To me the main benefits are:

You can access it on any computer provided you have internet access and your log in details - useful if you're office and home aren't the same thing.

You can have several users working on the same account. Useful for small businesses with a few staff.

You can give you accountant online access.

There is the worry about having everything 'on the cloud' but I think everything will be that way within the next few years. I prefer desktop programs rather than 'apps' but I am certainly in the minority.