what does larch offcuts burn like?

matt samuel

Slabwood is a piece of piss to cut, all you need is a decent chop saw. Not much in the way of justifying kit required. :001_cool:

Depending upon distance I would look to either take a lorry at a time, or if local leave your trailer there for him to load as he goes then pick it up, process it and return it (or ideally leave another trailer there when you collect). The less times either of you you have to touch the wood, the better value it is for both parties.

I was not on about the lad cutting the slab wood. can so do that with the chainsaw no prob. was more refering to wood in the round needing cutting/splitting. as at present fairly busy with farming.

Depending where you are, we sell slab wood, bundles of larch 20 a bundle. Were down In Sussex though

What sort of dry weight do you get in a bundle, what i had was about 15-20%mc and the bundle came in at 680kgs on my eletronic weigh platform. just trying to find most cost effective way of feeding the boiler. Always got straw here on site as back up.

What sort of dry weight do you get in a bundle, what i had was about 15-20%mc and the bundle came in at 680kgs on my eletronic weigh platform. just trying to find most cost effective way of feeding the boiler. Always got straw here on site as back up.

You dont get slab wood in rounds so need to worry about that. If its 20% moisture it would have been a tonne when green so if you buy for £20 its a bargain. You should get 1.5 -2 cubic metres out of it.

You dont get slab wood in rounds so need to worry about that. If its 20% moisture it would have been a tonne when green so if you buy for £20 its a bargain. You should get 1.5 -2 cubic metres out of it.

I know the slab wood does not come in rounds. Sorry for confusion, i was trying to say/work out at what price does the slab wood become cost effective against buying a load of wood in in the round. And working out what about seeing if anyone local to me would be willing to do bulk rate no hassle on processed wood untill i get my next shed up where i can store and process wood myself.

I know the slab wood does not come in rounds. Sorry for confusion, i was trying to say/work out at what price does the slab wood become cost effective against buying a load of wood in in the round. And working out what about seeing if anyone local to me would be willing to do bulk rate no hassle on processed wood untill i get my next shed up where i can store and process wood myself.

From the first tonne you collect. £20 roadside verses £45 tonne road side for hardwood its a no brainer. Unless you intend to supply the log snobs in the future its only for your own use. Get 2.5 tonnes on an ifor and try it on the fire :thumbup: