Husqvarna Battery Powered Climbing Saw?

adronetree

My instinct reaction is to scoff at this one but the more I think about it, the more I like it. Sure would be nice not to have to crank a climbing saw 20 times a tree, especially on those larger Silky snagglies on the way up...

Sometimes by the end of a spikeless day pulling a blakes hitch I can barely crank a saw.

Not funneling exhaust in certain positions might be nice too.

Question is...does it work? Would a 20-30 minute battery with a second on the charger keep up?

Anyone have any experience with one of these? A review of the saw maybe?

First time I have seen one.

Husqvarna T536LIXP Proff Batterisag (motorsag) - FINN Torget

Edited by adronetree

There's been a few threads on this already.

I just asked the same question three weeks ago to get an update from those that use them. Got no replies on topic, so good luck.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Watching youtube videos it looks decent. Modern Li batteries do pretty well also judging by all of my battery tools. I think its worth a try. Odd they don't sell them in the Us.

My instinct reaction is to scoff at this one but the more I think about it, the more I like it. Sure would be nice not to have to crank a climbing saw 20 times a tree, especially on those larger Silky snagglies on the way up...

Sometimes by the end of a spikeless day pulling a blakes hitch I can barely crank a saw.

Not funneling exhaust in certain positions might be nice too.

Question is...does it work? Would a 20-30 minute battery with a second on the charger keep up?

Anyone have any experience with one of these? A review of the saw maybe?

First time I have seen one.

Husqvarna T536LIXP Proff Batterisag (motorsag) - FINN Torget

I have posted a couple of times about the 536 with my initial thoughts. However, since getting my second replacement things are going well. It is fantastic just to press a button and virtually no noise. 2 batteries see us through most jobs. Remembering to top up oil tank and keeping saw clean around sprocket etc is essential. Had a couple of occasions in the wet when they have played up but would not like to be without now. Time will tell if they have longevity.

Worked with one today... Dismantled a cherry and my colleague dismantled a Scott's pine... Used only one and a half batteries between us!!

It's such a pleasure to use in terms of noise and ease to start/use.

In fact it has become the saw of choice at work and if we have more than one climber climbing on site at once they argue over who gets to use it!!