which helmet?

magwick

Hi all, I am needing a new helmet. Having been away from the trade for a couple of years it seems the selection of head protection has widened a tad.

said helmet needs to be for ground use. My budget is around the £100 mark.

ideas please before I make the trip to my local arb emporium and get further confused by the salesman.

And please no one sudgest a nasty orange pee pot with a 'h' on the front.

Ta very much

i looked at these in honey brothers the other day, but having been informed that some councils dont like climbing helmets on the ground on site i didnt buy. does anyone know if the stein has enough “peak” to conform to tight H & S?

Edited by magwick

http://www.forestryjournal.co.uk/newsitefiles/eAWeb2013/Iss43/HeadsUp.pdf this might explain in better detail than I can.

thanks for that. makes sense. i figure if the saw is in my face i might have more to worrie about then a small amount of slow down on the chain.

my old firm only used petzle lids, we banned the husky ones as damned dangerous.

thanks for that. makes sense. i figure if the saw is in my face i might have more to worrie about then a small amount of slow down on the chain.

my old firm only used petzle lids, we banned the husky ones as damned dangerous.

Whats dangerous about them?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Might be good to check your chipper if you have one for the sound level as you can get different ratings on the muffs. Well that would probably be the noisiest piece of kit on site but you may have a screamer of a saw!!! Your length of exposure to these noises should be considered as well.

I like to opt for the highest rating as i can be exposed for very long periods in the summer months.

I also don't like the H lids just a personal thing and don't like to think I'm walking about like Rimmer from Red Dwarf.