4X4 Tippers

MAX

As you've got hydraulic power, use that. You'll need another spool valve, hoses and motors and drive wheels. Yes, about a grand'll do it. But it's still a road tow. Buy a tracked machine it'll ease the pain. Brian James do a great trailer that is only just as wide as the towed vehicle, it'll fit in a container and as a tipping unit, can be used pretty well like a road tow on the back of a vehicle.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The track chipper on the low trailer sounds a great idea. Only take it off when you need to, Genius!

It maybe the case that the thing jumps around a bit on a low tray like that, and ground clearance might be an issue.

Ours is away at another depot at the moment when its back I'll take some pics its on a Brian James trailer really low, but its still no fun to use on the trailer. I'll get pics to show. Ground clearance shouldn't be an issue on the road.

I don't know what Green mechs weigh or timberwolfs, but you need a landy some thing bigger to drag the Jenson as its over 3 ton on a trailer.

legally i dont think you can use them on a trailor as the hopper height is affected but then again if you take it off and use it on uneven ground you will do the same but would be harder to explain to a h&s guy if some thing went wrong

all that said i,ve been there and chipped on trailers

what are the downers of working it on a trailer? the reach of feeding it i guess? does the hopper sit low?

Well we don't use it on a trailer as there are two many down sides when the depot has a road tow but a few of the flaws are,

Even though its on a low trasnporter trailer the chute is still quite high and the stop bar is too high to do its job properly. The chipper is probably 3 times the weight of the road tow so you have increased wear and tear on the tow vehicle. Infact all the controls on the chipper are too high when its on the traioler you have to reach up high for the ignition key.

Max what type of work you planning on doing with a 4x4 tipper?

I think when on the tailer it is only about 4 or 5 inches higher than when on the ground, so not much of a problem,but as you say every thing is a compromise of some sort,it not my trailer or chipper,but when i saw it i thought it was a clever idea and would save time on small jobs,i imagine on larger jobs he will take it of the tailer,and the tailer is so small and light he will be able to easily push it out of the way,he could probable not justifier two chippers only a small co,much like myself.

the main reason for my interest in the go anywhere tipper was to be able to quote for off road work. Every winter I have to turn away work as it's un-achiveable with my set up. Also i'm up to my ears in mud at the yard, the truck hardly makes it in there these days.

Oh well can't claim every job, i should concentrate on getting the jobs i can do!!!