Stihl MS200t

H-A

Not wishing to point fingers but.......

IT WAS RICH

Looks like he needs your help to fight his battles:001_rolleyes::lol:

The yout of today:001_rolleyes: no backbone eh Barrie:lol:

oh dont say that, all i will get is how real men go out in a boat with no lid, :laugh1::laugh1:

anyway i am a grandad and my back has gone again so i must qualify for old person status by now :confused1::001_tongue::laugh1:

I tried to install new seal with a socket, now wish I had made up a special tool in the lathe.

New seal cracked, they are very fragile, have ordered another one.

How much play is OK in the main needle rollers, I can feel a very slight amount of play if I wiggle the clutch side of the crankcase.

I am assuming that any play is too much, and have ordered new bearings, is this wise or am I being a bit fussy?

H-A

I have ordered some of these as well

12x20x5mm Nitrile Rubber Rotary Shaft Oil Seal with Garter Spring R23 / TC Simply Bearings Ltd

Are these the ones you meant?

I do have an account at simply bearings, very good service, have used them a lot for bearings and seals in Yamaha outboards.

H-A

P.S. I did look at the Stihl ones closely, and the single bent back lip may give a longer life than the single lip Nitrile type, time will tell. I was shocked by how brittle the Stihl seals are Nitrile ones are far more user friendly.

Edited by H-A