Stihl 011AVT

openspaceman

An old mate brought this round for me to fix, bought new in 88. First problem is the recoil spring has broke mid coil. My local dealer is looking for one but it is not available in the current parts list. Part number is 116 195 1600 but there is a similar spring for a later version of this saw with a different part number. What chance this or another Stihl recoil spring will do the job?

Just check but I needed a stihl recoil spring for an 051 and it had a superseded number. I ordered it on the off chance it would fit and it was exactly the same spring just with the casing which made it easy to fit.

Thanks, in the meanwhile I've bent a new hook onto the old one just so I can see if the thing runs. It has been stripped, cleaned and put back together by my mate because it ran rough, since it has not started at all.

On reassembly I find an ignition trigger unit floating about, does it get attached via the screw that holds the starter cover on or the ignition module?

011avt.jpg.ff80fe6e3d1abb91783312fb23a15762.jpg

Well found, thanks.

I'm not pulling anything apart yet, just fired it up on a petrol soaked filter so it's pointing to a fuel problem.

Cannot get the flywheel cover to sit properly with the casing screw through the trigger unit bolt hole.

Well found, thanks.

I'm not pulling anything apart yet, just fired it up on a petrol soaked filter so it's pointing to a fuel problem.

Cannot get the flywheel cover to sit properly with the casing screw through the trigger unit bolt hole.

eddys right I have one - this flywheel cover unit just takes lots of fiddling to get into the trigger handle