Wood Store Question - Newbie

Burley

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The spiked plates are called gang nails. You could use them but they are hard to fit well to old non regular wood. They need fitting to both sides to be strong.

Hiya Muttley,

Okay, gang nails it is then. MUST be easier than screwing in dozens of screws to get the thing standing :001_smile:

Screws are cheaper and easier. and a cordless screwdriver :thumbup1:

I built these single handed, don't see a problem with a chick:001_cool: (from the US?) doing it on her own :thumbup1:.

the heaviest thing is the complete pallet and that is going on the ground.

Everything is fitted to the base unit singly, and resting on the item below, no weight to hold, (don't try and band it together on the floor it wiil get heavy and need 3 pairs of hands to lift it:biggrin:)

screw one side then adjust the item and screw the other side

Screws are cheaper and easier. and a cordless screwdriver :thumbup1:

I built these single handed, don't see a problem with a chick:001_cool: (from the US?) doing it on her own :thumbup1:.

the heaviest thing is the complete pallet and that is going on the ground.

Such a pity U down in Devon Brian, would offer you endless cups of tea and foodies to come help me build.

Na, this chick is ex Africa, :001_cool: born in Rhodesia to British folks, and came scampering back here 12 yrs ago.

When I figure out how to post a pic on here, will post my ultimate log store would simply die for!

my wood store is a old 5x4ft trailer just roadworthy :001_rolleyes: i built a wooden canopy about 5ft tall all open sided with a tarpaulin roof i just tow it to my plot round the corner fill it to the hilt then just leave it parked up the driveway nr back door and when the logburners not in use i just store the trailer out the way works brill no double handling stacking etc