landscape rake for mini digger

robert t

Any body use them or maybe have one they want to sell. Im looking for it to fit a volvo EC27 quick hitch. Its not some thing I will use often, so dont want to spend top dollar on new one if I can avoid it.

Done the usual google searches but cant seem to find want I want.

Any body any info, would appreciate it.

Cheers,

robert.

Got mine, a 4 tine one, made by Digbits, it is a very usefull bucket for rooting out smallish stuff, balling up bramble etc & just breaking up ground for levelling, the tines are welded to a hollow tube, so I can fabricate extension tines on each side & pin them on, just got to get round to doing it.

Also I intend to fit a removable 'thumb' on the boom so I can use it as a as a glorified grab.

Mine is on a quick hitch, & the setup is invaluable imo.

I use my grab as one.

The grab was designed with 3 upper & 4 lower tines.

I had them reverse it so I had 4 tines on top to use as a rake.

Ok its not very wide but does the job. For wide levelling sweeps I pick up a beam or log with the grab & use that.

I use my grab as one.

The grab was designed with 3 upper & 4 lower tines.

I had them reverse it so I had 4 tines on top to use as a rake.

Ok its not very wide but does the job. For wide levelling sweeps I pick up a beam or log with the grab & use that.

Good tip, never thought of using a beam with the grab for wide leveling. Cheers.:thumbup:

Second thoughts, the beam wouldnt work with the swinging grab, probably more of dragging movement rather than precise leveling.

Edited by robert t

geoff, Do you have any picts of it and cost? I seen one on line that seemed to be fitted on to a ditching bucket, probably home made, but it wasnt a clear photo to get any detail from it.

Yeah quick hitch is good. if only it was hydraulic.

I will try & get some pics of mine, I bought it 5 or 6 years ago for about £300.

Good tip, never thought of using a beam with the grab for wide leveling. Cheers.:thumbup:

Second thoughts, the beam wouldnt work with the swinging grab, probably more of dragging movement rather than precise leveling.

Mine is a fixed grab, not a loose swinging log grab.

I bought a light landscaping rake from Digbits which i intended to use for raking wildflower meadow grass and getting the thatch out at the same time but I found it difficult to not gouge out lumps of turf with it. It was fairly easy to bend a tine as well if you caught a large stone so went back to hand raking in the end.

I now use it for turning my large vegetable bed over and roughly levelling it.