Slack tending Prussik

Cloud9climber

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's just my experience of it but I just couldn't get on with it, it was brilliant for ascending, real simple but couldn't seem to work the tree with it, just ended up finding it useful to get back into the tree after coming down for dinner etc then removing to work the tree. Hitch climber with vt/swaybish prussic is the way forward in my eyes, saves me so much time and effort and for my self it brought on more confidence

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Great thanks for the advice. Going to have a climb with the hitch climber tomorrow with vt to see how I get on with it! Heard all good things about it, never considered it before now, don't know why! Ha

Thanks again!

learn how to climb well first, a HC won't help with that.

Could you please explain what a pinto pulley dmm is? Considering spider jack, however people say its potentially dangerous, is this because you could knock the lever? Any other options? I tried the hitch climber p, found it ok, but didn't like how easy it was to descend on, it's quite sensitive, maybe better off with the Prussik mentioned above! Still need a good think about all this before I spend hard earned! Ha

Thanks