Be Kind....Rock 7 Ton Electric Log Splitter

bikewoo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont worry , i wont tell anyone.

If you really want to know, it was the Garden Machinery Centre in Midhurst. They're hardly going to send it to Liverpool though! :lol:

Go with the cheapest you can find at one of the online dealers. Nice work on discovering the difference between the two pumps, I had no idea. :thumbup1:

I would recommend the Mitox to anyone who does logs as a bit of a sideline, just to speed up the Saturday boy's work. Easier than an axe for arb arisings. Being able to split up to 1m lengths is nice for making billets, but it hasn't the power for anything other than dead straight and sub 1' ash at that length.

The Mitox also comes with a 4 way wedge which is handy. However, buy an additional 4 way wedge as you will end up cannabilising the first one to create a wider wedge for normal splitting- their wedge (which the 4-way slots over) is nowhere near wide enough.

HTH

The Mitox also comes with a 4 way wedge which is handy. However, buy an additional 4 way wedge as you will end up cannabilising the first one to create a wider wedge for normal splitting- their wedge (which the 4-way slots over) is nowhere near wide enough.

HTH

Hi doobin, I have just ordered the Handy Pro 7 electric splitter from Internet Gardener: Garden Furniture, BBQs and Outdoor Living at a very good price. I see from your earlier posts that you wanted to mod the splitter to be one handed? Did you do it and how? By cannabilising the wedge do you mean cutting the side wings of or something else. Any chance of any Pic's?

Hi doo, I moded my splitter today to work on the right hand lever,I left the other side so i can use it two handed if i wished. What you do to your kit is up to you.

Remove the right arm, cut the plate (as in the picture. Red line) to remove the top "peg".

Cut away the box under the handle to let the bar travel further down.

Bend the hand guard so the handle is not fouled.

With the table of the splitter in the top position, trim the guard so it clears the table.

Done.

Took about 10 mins, small grinder, lump hammer, small hacksaw and a file.

AS I SAID , WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR OWN KIT IS UP TO YOU.

Please no lectures.

IMAG0584.jpg.a31dc10fb3ba5136e10e8bcf4137d918.jpg

IMAG0582.jpg.fb10aa0a58f6186633f292e4101b81f1.jpg