Hedgecutting ladder

JimE

Thanks guys, sounds like I need to get one of the 3 legged ladders then!

Hoping to catch up with hedgesparrow to give one a try then off to try my bargaining skills at forest and arb.

Just bought a flail for the tractor too, so hopefully that will cut down on what I do by hand aswell.

The three legged ones can be somewhat unwieldy to move around to the job site. You need to have good special awareness when carrying one around in narrow alleys and near parked cars. because of the wide base area there are a few locations I find that you simply cannot get them set up, for example between hedge and a greenhouse or shed. But where they fit in, which seems to be most locations, they certainly are stable. The one I have is very light construction and dents easily. I heard somewhere they do not have a BSI marking so not sure what the HSE would have to say about them.

Just out of interest how wide are the 3 leg ladders at the bottom - thinking in terms of whether I could fit them on the truck ladder rack along with other ladders?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

We have L200's, the largest ladders too wide to fit in back, but have to be turned round with the ends of legs over cab, smaller pair strapped on top!