Forwarder

Elmsdown Forestry

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be contacting ac price tomorrow for a price from them.

Was looking at 140-150 bhp valtra around 2007 year if that's man enough.

That's a nice price of kit

It is a nice toy isn't it. Quick Google search threw it up shows the mounting quite well.

Those should be more that heavy enough and enough pulling power to take the extra weight.

Are the powered trailers worth the extra money as my budget can move if it will make it make a positive difference.

10k drag trailer and approx 22k powered.

I've never used a powered trailer and i can only think of one or two occasions that i would of needed them, and weather had a lot to do with that.

I know one guy who has just got a powered one he spent a lot on it. I guess it depends what you want your new set up to do. Depends on what you want your new bit of kit to do. Increase productivity, increase capacity alongside other kit. Or do the other two but also add something new capability wise. I'm sure with some band tracks on and a driven trailer your getting 8wd so some slope work which would have been un accessable due to lack of traction become workable without winching.

Hopefully the pic of the kesla 500 roof mount has worked.

Yes it has, nice. I like those little compact little N series tractors. They've changed the ram set up on the lift ram over the short king post set ups. Looks like a nice crane seems to have good routing of the hoses to avoid damage.

Still think i'd rather have it on JAKE Frame than on the roof.

Aren't Wilsons the dealer for them?

Swedish machines. Worked with a Finnish guy who said he would have one other all the other offerings as they were simple.

Never used one. There are some videos of them working on youtube.

WB tracs are ace aren't there i too had to sit down when i found out the price. Rare as hens teeth second had too.

Won't get a Tractor crane and trailer for 54k+vat. Well a Valtra and a botex but you'll hate it.

I've used an old mb trac with Werner conversion twin drum winches. It's the best winch ever built especially when used with the remote!

Been quoted over 100k for tractor and set up which isn't the issue it's just not purpose built for the job in hand. Could get a sensible forwarder and the above mentioned mb trac in good condition for approx same price. Both of which are built for there required jobs!

Too much choice out there that's the problem.