Right or wrong

Billbigtree

What really Grind my gears, is that you probably won't get a ban for your bigotry.

I, on the other hand, would almost certainly get one for pointing out out that you are a racist.

There's nothing banworthy here yet. That shouldn't be taken as implicit support - just an acknowledgement that when everyone is being civil, self regulation works best.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe some of the comments here.

To suggest that those from foreign parts flout the rules, don't care etc. is pretty extreme.

I know a few knuckle draggers in my area who are as 'British' as anyone but I recon their buttocks must be worn out by the time they are 21 - cos they spend all their time on their arsenals! Some of them who do 'work' produce work of such low standard it's unbelievable.

No doubt there are some dodgy Frenchmen, Germans, Poles etc. but the ratio of Anglo-Saxon richard-craniums is probably just as high.

Theres good and bad everywhere - get over it!

Personaly I feel that it is WRONG! This harness AND the ropes should have had core samples taken and proper fractometer readings done to determine their integral strength BEFORE being offered for sale!

This news is typical of how brittain has become, horrible indigenous people selling unwanted, untested castoff junk to these poor unsuspecting immigrants.

Disgusting!

As someone who purchased his first harness and rope off ebay used and unseen I don't see what the problem is. Does it make me a charlatan.

At the time I couldn't afford brand new but now am a qualified (if there is such a thing) and insured company who is an approved contractor at two local authorities.

Incidently if us "Brits" had more of a work ethic maybe we could compare to the "immigrants" that take our jobs. Perhaps us Brits should take some lessons in how to work hard. I don't worry about losing work to people who undercut me as I know I have sufficient work

I bought a bundle on eBay, pile of ropes, carabineers, harness, boots, helmet and trousers.

I threw the harness and helmet straight in the bin.

Use the rope for general stuff, like tying up something in the back of the truck to save it battering the sides of the truck

Carabineers for non-load related use - effective garage hooks

And wear the trousers and boots.

Don’t assume people don’t know what they are buying :)

Dan