Schliesing 220

softbankhawks

Check the blades have been sharpened at the correct angle. If not they push the wood backwards leading people to think its the feed rollers. The correct angle is 30 degrees and just being a couple out will make the machine act like it is. The 220 runs 210 bar of pressure at the rollers if you need to have them checked but I suspect its the blades.

Regards

Mike

The 200 gets its blades sharpened at the same place and it works great.

Thanks.

But were they sharpened at the same time? Where are you? Who's chipper is it? Get the machine here or get the owner to give us a call and we will assist him.

I remember people raving about the schliesing and i know so many who have had problems.

I only have a little TW and its snaps up v branches no problems

Are you nusing the correct grade of hyro oil if its to thin this would cause low pressure i would have thought and impaired the performance.

• 1 year later...

Many of the chippers in the fleet I work with have had Chevron-shaped feed rollers fitted when the old ones wore out - they feed like a dream even when they're battered up! grabbing big bits with ease and pushing bunches of brash and twigs into the centre of the rollers so stuff chips smoothly!

We've just had this issue.

The shaft that goes through the centre of the bottom feed roller broke the welds that hold it to the roller. Thus the shaft rotated but the roller didn't or did under no load. It's worth checking the keyways too as these sometimes shear.

It's not too onerous to get the rollers out but you do have to to do a spot of cutting and re-welding. Make sure the fillet weld to re-attach the shaft to the roller is not too proud or you'll not be able to get it back in.

While it's in bits check the bearings and the bolts that hold them in as the main bearing bolts can work loose you end up having to oxy the disc off.

The other bolt to check is the captive one that holds the plate around the top hydraulic motor. This one tends to fail every 12-18 months.