ms200t

simon@BGS

mornin guys, i recently fitted a new cylinder and piston on my ms200t after my stud extractor snapped in the head. i started it for the first time on saturday and it runs but, its very reluctant to idle everytime i release the throttle it does :-(

does the saw need tuning agen now that it had a new cylinder and piston?

any1 got any advice for me?

cheers guys

mornin guys, i recently fitted a new cylinder and piston on my ms200t after my stud extractor snapped in the head. i started it for the first time on saturday and it runs but, its very reluctant to idle everytime i release the throttle it does :-(

does the saw need tuning agen now that it had a new cylinder and piston?

any1 got any advice for me?

cheers guys

In a word...Yes, the compression will be completely different so both H&L screws plus idle speed will need doing. Expect to adjust the idle again over a few days running and to tune the mix again after 20 tanks.

Best to tune it a bit fat on the top end whilst running it in!

cheers spud, have u got any ideas on how many turns on H and L i need?

The standard setting is one turn out on each, the L screw is then adjusted to the correct point after winding it in to highest revs and then turning it out again and the H screw is set with a tach - would look at 13,200 as sensible on a new pot and piston.

The standard setting is one turn out on each, the L screw is then adjusted to the correct point after winding it in to highest revs and then turning it out again and the H screw is set with a tach - would look at 13,200 as sensible on a new pot and piston.

Think you mean the idle screw there Spud! I know you know what your talking about but that just caught my eye. :thumbup1:

Think you mean the idle screw there Spud! I know you know what your talking about but that just caught my eye. :thumbup1:

Nope he is on about the right screw, :thumbup::thumbup1:

The low screw when turned in from factory setting will start the saw to run high on revs, this is then tuned back to tach, when winding it in it will start to run lean meaning it will pickup on revs. As its running on less fuel and more air. A bad place to leave it.

Turned out to bring the revs down and adds more fuel to the mix allowing the revs to drop. Too much and the saw will bog down as its flooding.

The idle is then adjusted after these, with the low screw on factory the idle screw will need to be a few turns out.

Hope that is what spud meant.