parental advice and tips please

Stephen Blair

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do that to my boy and pretend it's not me. He seems to find it a big joke that the big dude is all innocent when there is know one else in the shower...

but then again he doesn't react as swb' boy seems to. as I said, good luck.

i used to do all that rich, the wee man has the heart of a lion like most toddlers. but something has just happened:sad:

Give this a try don't know what it's like but you never know it might do the trick.

http://www.hawkin.com/find/keyword-is-gelli/product-is-09792

When my boy was young he never liked putting his head under water, we got him to wear a small snorkel mask (one that keeps your nose inside). Used to get him to get stuff of the bottom of the bath for us, so it became a game.:001_smile:

Because youre not a fan of water, its either in his genes or rubbing off of you. I hated having my hair washed, used to scream blue murder (right up til I was 21) Take him swimming, show him water is nothing to be scared of.

i think you are right mick, i really feel for him because i know how much i used to scared of it, i eventually managed to get my mum to do it my way at the sink with the tap attachments, my mum was a hairdresser so it must of drove her nuts. wee stew got his jags last week so we need to do a family paddle for a laugh. and i think the wife is being harsh, but when she tells me to stop letting him jump off everything i just say, he'll be fine:001_smile:

Give this a try don't know what it's like but you never know it might do the trick.

http://www.hawkin.com/find/keyword-is-gelli/product-is-09792

When my boy was young he never liked putting his head under water, we got him to wear a small snorkel mask (one that keeps your nose inside). Used to get him to get stuff of the bottom of the bath for us, so it became a game.:001_smile:

i forgot about that, i used to do that aswell, full snorkel in the bath lol :001_smile:

Stevie - has somethng happened at bath time recently, or when someone else was bathng him, has he had a bad experience with the water etc?

Just wondering if he's put his head under the water and got it up his nose or something, or had cold water on his head instead of warm, something like that would really put him off having his hair washed..

Stevie - has somethng happened at bath time recently, or when someone else was bathng him, has he had a bad experience with the water etc?

Just wondering if he's put his head under the water and got it up his nose or something, or had cold water on his head instead of warm, something like that would really put him off having his hair washed..

he protest about everything just now mate, i think i am just a lot softer on this because i have the same weakness, you want to see the state of stews bathroom when him and james get in the bath together. poor lou lou get soaked as well:001_smile:

Did you check out that link about the jelly bath, if you get some let me know what it's like.

i did mate, looks excellent. i wish i knew someone with a swimming pool lol. :001_smile:mrs shrek will look into it i am sure. thanks guys, this is really helping. me and the mrs had fallen out about it, thats why i started this thread, now we are back on track and not trying to win the arguement. good on ya fellas:001_smile:

he protest about everything just now mate, i think i am just a lot softer on this because i have the same weakness, you want to see the state of stews bathroom when him and james get in the bath together. poor lou lou get soaked as well:001_smile:

I can imagine James must love bath time - he's full of beans all the time!!

Is there any way you could bribe the wee man?? The swimming pool sounds a good idea, but I know what you're saying, the poor lad sounds terrified. What's uncle Stew said??