Opinions please on my web site

Ben Saxton

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its very good! Your Mrs is clever.

Do you know what a site with that much going on might actually cost to be made?

I'm in the process of doing one, and it will be on the cheap (like me!). The main issue I had was finding a designer who I could bare to speak to. Most are within seconds of a punch in the face in my experience.

But mine is looking quite plain so far, and yours does have a lot going on. Not sure that makes yours better but I think a web designer woul dcharge a fair bit for it.

Also, I think you need to be careful, your site is written for tree surgeons which is understandable as you sub contract and do loler etc. but for private work a lot of it wont make sense.

Should it say "for trees" that require careful dismantling ? Otherwise it implies that the tree removal service needs careful dismantling.

So, "are you looking for a safe tree removal service?" might be plenty.

Hi rupe

All the content is written naturally for users first and search engines second, and is based on keyword research and competitor analysis? Whatever that means? I know there's the freelance and LOLER page that is solely aimed at other tree companies. I thought it would be good to have it for other companies to see, and as its a content managed site I can easily update with up to date photos and blogs, and am looking for guest blogger's if anyone fancies it ?

Thanks rupe for your comments , I'm not sure how much a site would cost?

Hope you doing well mate

Ben

I do like it Ben. No criticism from me.

Mine has a budget of 300!! I'm sure yours would be in the 1500 range.

My approach it's going to be to have no tree surgeon speak in it. This is proving difficult but I'm convinced that most client have no idea what we are talking about most of the time and there's little point trying to change that.

My approach it's going to be to have no tree surgeon speak in it. This is proving difficult but I'm convinced that most client have no idea what we are talking about most of the time and there's little point trying to change that.

Try being a techie, most guys try to show interest but think most of what I say goes over peoples heads, you can tell as the eyes glaze over - as long as the saws start when you pull the handle, they are happy:001_rolleyes::lol:

I know what you mean mate about no tree surgeon speak, it's hard to put what you want to say In a way the customer will understand. If there's anything in there let me know as I value your opinion as you've been doing this a while :)

I think the only way is to put what the customer wants not what you want.

That's easier said than done. I may have been doing tree work for a while and I think I'm ok at talking to customers but putting it down on a website is hard.