Dalen 2060

marlon

Has anyone bought the new dalen 2060?

If so opinions please

Not heard it mentioned before, just looked at the demo on U tube, looks one hell of a machine. Dalen do have a good reputation here.

I especially like the 12 way splitter, no more big logs, seen some huge ones coming off 6 ways on different machines.

How is it priced?.

A

26k ish....

As you said looks like a great bit of kit but your getting into Binderberger money,

I've got a 2054 which I think was 14-15k plus vat 2 years ago

I'm not saying for a minute it's not worth it I'll be interested to see it working up close but it will have to be very impressive to warrent the extra money.

2054 at the arb show last year was 20 ish from memory, that may have included VAT. 26k, thats probably more than a Posch 360 and into Fuelwoods own brand Transaw terratory, both of which have rotary blades which in my book are preferable to a chainsaw arm, less waste, less sharpening downtime. Dont know how Palax 90SG is priced.

Mind it will handle bigger timber than any of the above but it wont be much faster on a 200mm log than my little Japa.

I suppose if a high percentage of your cord is 300-500mm then its worth looking at or a decent 4 way splitter and use a smaller processor at the end of the splitting table.

Got a friend with a big 30T Posch splitter, and a 350 on the end of it. Cut big boys into 1.5m lengths, they load themselves hydraulically then straight into the processor. Two tractors, two blokes minimum and usually 3. With the big machine you could save one bloke and have a bit less handling.

What sort of volume are you looking to put through it?. Just interested as I am spending to many hours processing with a small machine, so need more output in the same or less time.

A

Around 350 to 450 tons

With the 2054 I can average 15 cube a day going at a sensible rate maybe upto 20 if the hardwood cord is straight and the right size.

My record is 1 cube in 9 minutes!

But I had sorted out the straightest 10-12 inch ash and silver birch I could find!

It usually averages out at a cube every half hour including stacking the bag and loading the log deck

15 cube a day so say 12 tons, so about 40 days cutting a year if my mental maths is right. With my volume I am looking at 20-25 days cutting this year.

I do 8 - 10 cube a day with my Japa 700, 8 usually, 10 in a long day, single handed, Japa manual rack and teleporter to load it with. On 6 foot soft cord I have done 14 but that was 12 hours non stop cutting and double manned. Anything oversize I plonk on to a big boys heap ready for either a contractor or the day I get a big machine.

Just gives me a feel for what other people consider the optimum machine capacity for a given sales volume is.

A

350-450t

one man band , around £100/m3

then a nice living.

but 26k on one machine ?

needs to be semi auto to keep one man band or its a sideline to other jobs.

wages are the killer, the additional man required is seldom reliable.

firewood bubble.? is it sustainable.? when will it burst.?

fracking, gas at 2.5 3.0 p/kw. wood at 6-7p/kw.

thoughts............?

350-450t

then a nice living.

but 26k on one machine ?

thoughts............?

Can't see the price of fossil fuels going down. Even if there is a glut of cheap fuel someone up the line will make a nice profit not cheap gas for the end user.

350-450t

then a nice living.

but 26k on one machine ?

thoughts............?

HI BOB there you go mate right on the mendips there going to do this mate not good mate at all thanks jon