Bread & Butter.

John Hancock

This is just a bit of bread &butter work. This was a priced job we just finished today. Felling Elm trees on the river-bank to open up the view (there are plans to put a new pedestrian bridge near this site) Anyway – I walked this site a few weeks ago and priced it up for two days work – we were there for four, Doh!!

Pics and vid were taken on the mobile so sorry for the quality, note the before and after pics…Nice place to work though!

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

09032009(001).jpg.e1c4939a7b0f0f889796ad74681452c7.jpg

02032009(003).jpg.ba957309430d87705c48bccc9654f7c6.jpg

02032009(004).jpg.13cda7917b4c4bf3b4f5e41cb6f29bf1.jpg

05032009.jpg.074cc83db4ee16d7f5f5c386fc47a143.jpg

Pics and vid were taken on the mobile so sorry for the quality, note the before and after pics…Nice place to work though! ]

Nice work John.

I see you take great pride in the finish of your work sites.

Clean piles of cord & timber appear to be your trade mark, whether at work or down the woods.

Something you were mentored toward or just naturally developed?

Mate - I made the lads tidy the pile up (in the last pic) this morning! They called me pedantic or was it ‘fussy ba@tard’ either one they’d be laughing if they read this! I guess I just like a tidy pile. :001_smile:

We took 4 big loads of core-wood off that site – nightmare!

i hope you got the boys to rub the dirt off those branches before chipping them john, nice job mate

The whole lot went through mate! The worst of it was the dust created from branches in the flood-plane, that and the countless women’s ‘sanitary products’ hanging on the end of each twig! God-knows what its done to my lungs – cough cough..

Nice tidy work there John!!

Can I ask though, why are we felling Elms?? We did some last week too for an LA and was just wondering why based on the species we were felling them?

I could understand if they were dead or a "nusiance" but slowly clearing what appears to be a healthy population of Elms seemed to go against conservation a bit...?

Nice tidy work there John!!

Can I ask though, why are we felling Elms?? We did some last week too for an LA and was just wondering why based on the species we were felling them?

I could understand if they were dead or a "nusiance" but slowly clearing what appears to be a healthy population of Elms seemed to go against conservation a bit...?

Good question, and simple to answer - On this job I was acting as a contractor and getting paid. If I didnt do the work, someone else would.

The trees are being 'coppiced' in that location because the riverside is being developed and a new bridge is to be built near that location.