Firewood suppliers that are approved for RHI (domestic)

youcallthatbig

I'm not interested in supplying anyone else with a boiler, they use 25 tonnes+ per year which is a massive amount of extra firewood to process, for each new customer, and they always want it cheap as they need so much. Let them sort out their own firewood and find out how much hard work is involved, and how expensive/difficult it is to obtain timber nowadays, season it and process it.

Also I cant believe the customers with boilers I've supplied, who only have enough storage space for 2 weeks supply, and expect you to turn up every 2 weeks with bone dry logs whatever the weather....

that sounds very familiar :banghead:

spot on

where do they expect this cheap seasoned wood to come from

joy

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, we are HETAS accreddited wood fuel suppliers based in Cumbria and can supply logs, woodchip and pellets for Biomass installations. Check out our Website or call the office to discuss further. Lakes Biomass - Wood Fuel Supply & Woodland Management 01539821113.

Regards

Oli

Just because your Hetas accredited does not make you an approved supplier for RHI purposes according to DECC or have they eased the rules. To comply with RHI it's all to do with sourcing of timber.

that sounds very familiar :banghead:

spot on

where do they expect this cheap seasoned wood to come from

joy

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Joy

Had lad from uni doing a thesis, asking questions lastnight RE: Firewood supply, is it sustainable in UK? I said I did not think so. Also what effect had the introduction of the RHI had on business, well I said if anyone phoned this winter with a boiler the answer was I cant suddenly pull 25 30 tonnes of extra dry wood together without a years warning at least! but it is having an effect on us, in that FC only have 20 loads to sell for firewood over next 12 months out of kielder, these will be sold as sealed bids to highest bidder with a limit imposed, the most allowed being 4! I buy around 15-20 loads, so would be stuffed if I was relying on them this year. But thank God we have other sources, so ok :001_smile:

I'm not sure the RHI has "incentivised" the massed hoards to instal log boilers. I only know of 2 locally ( 1 domestic 1 commercial.) I know more (including ourselves) that went pellet but still not a massive bow wave of installations. Personally, I wouldn't trust DECC as far as I could raise a smoke stack if I set them all on fire! Empty promises and ineffective inertia!! Perhaps it's as well the take-up is so low given the log consumption for a decent sized installation and I understand the frustration local firewood suppliers are having trying to satisfy demand. The (seemingly) considerable demand for log burning stoves is more than enough to exhaust normal supplies so it shouldn't take an academic study to realise there ain't enough good seasoned wood for high capacity users!