Firewood suppliers that are approved for RHI (domestic)

youcallthatbig

I had been contemplating the installation of a Biomass(waste slab from mill + logs) boiler to replace oil as well as changing from oil to electric cooking, I realise that any RHI payments would not be available until late spring 2014 at the earliest, and only for 7 years as opposed to 20 for industry, but when talking to OFGEM, they confirmed that all fuel would need to be sourced from accredited suppliers.....

So my question is ..." where are you and how much per ton. will you be charging?"

- as how can you make a value judgement on costs without knowing all the facts, currently paying the oil companies and the exchequer approx. 2k/year so pretty d**n sure we can lower that figure, but as ever box ticking seems to be the fly in the ointment.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a very good question. I guess with all the messing about that there has been the whole domestic proposition it has put off wood suppliers from paying the accreditation "tax"... is there any point in being accredited when there is so much uncertainty about the direction and timing of such schemes?

For one, we haven't sought accreditation and we wont be doing either.

I am nearly accredited , going through the paperwork now

Just too far away from you , co durham north Yorkshire border

can you pm me prices and any requirements regarding moisture content of product you might have to be meeting, as I would not be that impressed if I was having to pay a premium for accredited logs and then have to dry them further, many thanks,

Tim